Disney Concierge Perks ?

GrandCanyon2005

We booked a Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite with Verandah on a four night cruise (Disney Dream: PC > Nas > Cas > PC). What are your "experienced" recommendations to take advantage of the extra moolah we're paying? Should we have breakfast delivered in the Suite every morning? Other offerings we should take advantage of?

Congratulations on selecting the Concierge Level (CL) for your cruise. You will have an amazing ship within a ship experience.

First: relax. The concierge staff is wonderful and they will have everything set for you. No worries.

Second: prepare now and read about the excursions, dining options, and spa facilities. Disney will call you, if fully paid, at approximately 120-150 days out. Technically, they you will have the ability to take care of all your optional and special requests at 120 days, but the shoreside concierge will call earlier and take you under their wing. My personal recommendations: stay on the ship at Nassau (everyone else will be gone), eat at Remy on the last night, and begin your dining rotation with enchanted garden.

Third: remember that you can arrive and board at any time before the cut off time. Enjoy your day and embarkation.

Fourth: be prepared for casual elegance at the CL lounge upon embarking. Great food and drinks and plenty of on board service to confirm all your reservations.

Fifth: CL there are TWO happy hours every night and the drinks are on the house.

Sixth: the CL has great food and service all day long, enjoy.

Your room is perfectly set up for breakfast, so order all you want.

Have fun.

My personal recommendations: stay on the ship at Nassau (everyone else will be gone), eat at Remy on the last night, and begin your dining rotation with enchanted garden.

We're four nights, so if we eat at Palo on Pirate night and Remy's on the last night, which Rotational dining room do you suggest we skip?

We're four nights, so if we eat at Palo on Pirate night and Remy's on the last night, which Rotational dining room do you suggest we skip?

I would skip Animator's Palate unless you are traveling with young children who would enjoy the show. (We find it very loud and not what we are looking for with dinner). The other two main dining restaurants are more formal in ambiance.

Enjoy concierge and be prepared to never want to sail non-concierge again!

Kathi

Just off the disney wonder for a 6 night pacific coastal repo cruise. We had the Walt Disney suite. They gave us cocktails in the lounge while they explained the perks for the suite. You get unlimited can sodas and bottle water. They gave us a free internet package, just log in buy the package and then take it off the bill. We had snacks and treats delivered to the room everyday. We were invited to a hosted party for the suites that was very nice. Took care of our dining reservations. We could order full meals from the dining room menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Plus order from the menu at Palo if we wanted to for dinner.They gave us a nice depature gift, a nice lithograph you could frame. All in all very nice perks plus you are in a suite with so much more space.

We have sailed in concierge on the Magic and recently on the Fantasy, the Fantasy is the same as the Dream.

I have lots of photos of the Fantasy and concierge that you may wish to read and view on my recent blog,

http://fantasyfantasyholiday2012.blogspot.co.uk/

There are lots of perks as advertised on DCLs website but there are far more.

On the New ships you have 100 minutes of free internet use, if you sail in the Walt on any ship its free unlimited internet use.

We are sailing in the Walt next year.

On the new ships the concierge lounge is fantastic, with three concierge hosts who act as guest services for everything, great to avoid the queues and get anything done.

The new ships have food and soft drinks all day I the CL from 7am to 10pm and the most fantastic coffee, tea. Hot chocolate machine you can have with real cups and saucers.

You can get priority tendering in ports that tender, you get gifts such as lithographs, you get shore side concierge booking your reservations and dinner rotations pre cruise, which is great. They do lots of things you may not notice like getting you a centre placed table in the MDR or near a screen in Animators, and get Crush to speak to you.You also get a Character meet and greet just for suite guests

DCLCRUISE2012FANTASY335.jpg

Look at my blog, lots of photos of a one bedroom suite in there and things like the bath robe, slippers etc in there.

And how about the TV in the mirror in the bathroom???

DCLCRUISE2012FANTASY064-2.jpg

We booked a last minute Fantasy VGT rate for our cruise last week and were fortunate enough to upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite at the pier. Since we usually book our suites in advance and take advantage of the early booking and shore side concierge team, I wasn't really expecting the on board concierge team to do much for me. I was SO wrong... those awesome ladies Julia, Kemisha and Angeline came through for me, Big Time!! They got me a Palo brunch, a Remy Lunch and the two biggies... a sold out St. John's Tour and a Cabana on CC. :D They were an awesome team, a joy to talk to and work with. They will be greatly missed on our Magic TA in May.

We booked a last minute Fantasy VGT rate for our cruise last week and were fortunate enough to upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite at the pier. Since we usually book our suites in advance and take advantage of the early booking and shore side concierge team, I wasn't really expecting the on board concierge team to do much for me. I was SO wrong... those awesome ladies Julia, Kemisha and Angeline came through for me, Big Time!! They got me a Palo brunch, a Remy Lunch and the two biggies... a sold out St. John's Tour and a Cabana on CC. :D They were an awesome team, a joy to talk to and work with. They will be greatly missed on our Magic TA in May.

We had Julia, Kemisha and Sarah in August and I fully agree they are all hard working and very loverly ladies,

Should I dare say, ( no joke), I saw a $1,000 tip being split between them by one cruiser!!!!!!!!!

They will do what they can for any guests however booked, well done on the upgrade.

Forgot to post this,,,

Might show the OP the answers.

DCLCRUISE2012FANTASY071-1.jpg

We had Julia, Kemisha and Sarah in August and I fully agree they are all hard working and very loverly ladies,

Should I dare say, ( no joke), I saw a $1,000 tip being split between them by one cruiser!!!!!!!!!

They will do what they can for any guests however booked, well done on the upgrade.

That amount is insane, :eek:I just can't see what the team can do for you in one week to justify that amount. The Concierge gratuity is still something of a mystery. I remember sailing when the concierge team was not a tipped position. I wish DCL would at least suggest a pp per day amount so at least we have a base to work with... then you have the freedom to increase or decrease as needed.

That amount is insane, :eek:I just can't see what the team can do for you in one week to justify that amount. The Concierge gratuity is still something of a mystery. I remember sailing when the concierge team was not a tipped position. I wish DCL would at least suggest a pp per day amount so at least we have a base to work with... then you have the freedom to increase or decrease as needed.

We were back to back and I consider myself a good tipper, ie I had 'personal' notes from my Palo and Remy servers, of thanks and i do not think thats normal. Handwritten notes.

Now I tipped concierge at the end of each cruise, ie twice.

They seemed very pleased with my tip the first week, but as i was gonig to give them my instructions for the second week the guy at thier desk was doing his tips.

He tipped an amount fo each of the ladies in turn.

Concierge 1- $200 Concierge 2 $300, and concierge 3, ( the one taking the instructions and her name was mentioned on this thread, $500.

A total of $1k.

He also upped every persons Tip, server, Asst Server, Stateroom host, etc.

Concierge reaction was, 'You a very generous!!!'.

I saw it, and I delayed putting mine through after him. Not that it was bad, but it wasnt at his level,

I booked most of my staff online and pre cruise shoreside, and for cruise one, the only thing they really did was book Remy brinch.

Cruise two, baiscally there wasnt any requests.

But I tipped the same for both.

Same cruise there was a guy who complained about automatic tips on his account, he was in a one bedroom suite near us, and got all of his autotips taken off as he said he had never been advised of any tipping and felt it was all inclusive. I couldnt understand that either and assume he didnt tip Concierge.

I think the personal notes must be something new because I received one from my Palo server and my Remy server. They didn't do that last year on the Dream.

I have had them before from Palo but of course this was my first time in Remy, it was a nice touch, a personal handwritten note from our server(s).

Archived