New cruiser questions

Thinking of booking Voyager trip to Northern Europe (Stockholm to London) with September sailing. We are concerned that the excursions and specialty restaurants will be booked up already. Is this likely?

next question: how elegant do most guests dress? Are dress pants and a nice top too smart casual?

Is there a section or floor that I should avoid booking a cabin because of excess noise or fumes or anything like that? We are worried The online special rate solicitation we received might be because of inferior cabin and no opportunity for included tours or specialty restaurants.

We've only cruised once and on a HAL ship. So this is our first luxury cruise.

Thanks for your help!

This itinerary is showing a lot of availability today so I wouldn't worry too much about excursions being fille. Regent is usually pretty good about accommodating additional excursions if possible.

As to the specially restaurants, you should still be able to book reservations, but your days/times may be limited.

Some people say that there's an unpleasant vibration on the Voyager, especially in the stern. We were in a Horizonview suite on our one Voyager sailing (also in the Baltic) and the vibration didn't bother us at all. Apparently the vibration is more noticeable if you're sailing faster than 20 kts, so longer stretches at higher speeds might be an issue. You can try and avoid this by booking a cabin more forward.

Personally I'd be more concerned with the weather, but if you're prepared for it you should be okay.

I'd call Regent or your TA to inquire about specific suites, excursions, and dining reservation availability.

Thanks for that!

Yikes, I didn't even think about the weather. I assumed it would be fall weather, somedays nice, somedays needing jacket. Is weather in that area harsher in late September. Should we expect rough seas and cold weather as typical?

Thinking of booking Voyager trip to Northern Europe (Stockholm to London) with September sailing. We are concerned that the excursions and specialty restaurants will be booked up already. Is this likely?

next question: how elegant do most guests dress? Are dress pants and a nice top too smart casual?

Is there a section or floor that I should avoid booking a cabin because of excess noise or fumes or anything like that? We are worried The online special rate solicitation we received might be because of inferior cabin and no opportunity for included tours or specialty restaurants.

We've only cruised once and on a HAL ship. So this is our first luxury cruise.

Thanks for your help!

Hi, we did Stockholm to Copenhagen in September last year on the Voyager and i have to say that i think it's our best cruise yet. The weather was perfect and we even has a wee paddle in the Baltic sea as the weather was so good. Ours was also quite last minute and we got every excursion that we asked for and also got a table booked for two in both restaurants but we did end up cancelling Signatures as i am a bit of a fussy eater and didn't really fancy the menu.

We were on deck 7, mid ship and had no issues whatsoever, it was a great location.

In the evenings i always dress smart casual, mostly dress trousers and a smart top, i never felt underdressed and there seemed to be the same dress code throughout.

I hope you book this cruise and enjoy it, we had a wonderful time.

Thanks for that!

Yikes, I didn't even think about the weather. I assumed it would be fall weather, somedays nice, somedays needing jacket. Is weather in that area harsher in late September. Should we expect rough seas and cold weather as typical?

No, I don't think it'll be bad, but there's the possibility of cooler temps and maybe rain - wouldn't bother me, but thought I'd mention it when I saw your screen name - I wasn't sure what your tolerance was for cooler weather. :D

When I lived in California, people freaked out if it dropped into the 60's, but I drove around with the top down on my car. They thought I was insane.

I'm sure you'll be fine with a windbreaker, light rain jacket, and perhaps a fleece for the evenings.

This sounds like the cruise we are booked we sail around the 22nd September, from memory the restaurant bookings open 24th June, so you should be ok. Weather even though we come from Britain we are a little concerned over this, but talking to my travel agent she reckons base your choice of clothes on a typical British Autumn, which isn't that helpful as it could be anything, from rain and cool say around 55c through to lovely and sunny say mid 70's. I doubt if that really helps you, but we are taking layers, coat and umbrella for Marion.

I did try to start a roll call, but last time I looked it had fallen off the end of the page.

No, I don't think it'll be bad, but there's the possibility of cooler temps and maybe rain - wouldn't bother me, but thought I'd mention it when I saw your screen name - I wasn't sure what your tolerance was for cooler weather. :D

Thanks for the clarification! I spend winters in arizona, but live the rest of the time in Victoria BC - so the fall weather sounds like it's quite similar to what I'm used to.

So excited for this trip! Our first luxury cruise...and first visit to Europe. We were considering a Mediterranean cruise, but this one to the Baltic seemed such a great opportunity at a better pricepoint.

Debbie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - we're also booked on this cruise. Our first with Regent, but have sailed with Cunard and Silversea. I've searched the Regent website for an answer but can't find anything - how formal/casual is the dress code please? Any dress rules for certain restaurant options? OP mentioned it in their original post. Thanks in advance.

Hi - we're also booked on this cruise. Our first with Regent, but have sailed with Cunard and Silversea. I've searched the Regent website for an answer but can't find anything - how formal/casual is the dress code please? Any dress rules for certain restaurant options? OP mentioned it in their original post. Thanks in advance.

The FAQs on the Regent website are very useful:

The section "Onboard/What is the dress code onboard the ships?" will give you the answer you require:

https://www.rssc.com/frequently-asked-questions/onboard/

Generally Regent operates on a relaxed 'smart-casual' basis

Greetings from South Beach flossie009. Your advice about consulting Regent's website is excellent. We are veterans of Seabourn, Oceania and Regent. Almost as important as what you wear is what you don't. Although people wear jeans, they are not smart, although definitely casual. Everyone really knows the difference. The people who prefer to skip the smart part don't bother us. Some of them crave attention, and think a tee shirt that says Alcatraz is the way to get it. We actually saw someone wearing that in Oceania's Polo Grill during last June's LA/MIA Panama Canal transit. The wearer was also drunk and rowdy, as was the entire table. Not every non-smart dresser resembles Alcatraz man. We follow the guidelines because cruising is a floating party. It's nice to see well dressed people at the party. Maybe I go a little far in that direction. One of my Chihuahuas had tails and a top hat. Another one ate the hat.

Mary

Edited by warburg

We follow the guidelines because cruising is a floating party. It's nice to see well dressed people at the party. Maybe I go a little far in that direction. One of my Chihuahuas had tails and a top hat. Another one ate the hat.

Mary

I would love to see a Chihuahua onboard (or anywhere) with tails and a top hat!:D

The FAQs on the Regent website are very useful:

The section "Onboard/What is the dress code onboard the ships?" will give you the answer you require:

https://www.rssc.com/frequently-asked-questions/onboard/

Generally Regent operates on a relaxed 'smart-casual' basis

Thank you - I found it on the website - a case of not being able to see things for looking :)