Soda

jackal24

This is a tricky question.

Depends on the itinerary.

In Europe DMD is banned due to being made with BVO (brominated vegetable oil). So not available there.

In the US it is of course available and all you need to do is request it (through your TA if you're using one) be available. Allow ample time for logistic coordination and provisioning.

Your use of the word fiend makes me think your SO may be most comfortable bringing at least a 12 pack on board for the first day or so - especially if it would dampen the SO's enthusiasm / enjoyment of the cruise to be without.

In Europe DMD is banned due to being made with BVO (brominated vegetable oil). So not available there.

In UK, Tesco (for one) stocks 'Mountain Dew Sugarfree' made (or maybe imported) by Britvic Ireland ltd. BVO is not a listed ingredient though.

In UK, Tesco (for one) stocks 'Mountain Dew Sugarfree' made (or maybe imported) by Britvic Ireland ltd. BVO is not a listed ingredient though.

Unlike Diet Coke and Coca-Cola light which are the same product with different badges, these are not quite the same product. Not the absence of orange juice for one.

As someone who is a reformed diet soda drinker I doubt the taste is the same.

Mountain Dew Sugarfree

Ingredients:

Carbonated Water, Citric Acid, Sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame K), Stabilisers (Gum Arabic, Pectin, Glycerol Esters of Wood Rosins), Natural Citrus Flavourings, Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Caffeine, Colour (Beta Carotene)

Diet Mountain Dew (PepsiCo)

CARBONATED WATER, CONCENTRATED ORANGE JUICE, CITRIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVORS, CITRUS PECTIN, POTASSIUM BENZOATE (PRESERVES FRESHNESS), ASPARTAME, POTASSIUM CITRATE, CAFFEINE, SODIUM CITRATE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, SUCRALOSE, GUM ARABIC, SODIUM BENZOATE (PRESERVES FRESHNESS), CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), BROMINATED VEGETABLE OIL, YELLOW 5

Point remains the same however, make a request in advance and RSSC will try to get you what you want.

One of my traveling companions drinks soy milk in her lattes.

Of course they already have that on board. Still took a couple days to get it stocked for daily use in the Coffee Connection.

Which is why I also recommend preparing to meet your own needs at least in part / early on in the voyage...if it is very important to you.

If you make the request far enough in advance you should have not problem getting your "Dew." The order goes out to the provisioner and they will try to get it into a container which is shipped to a scheduled provisioning port. Years ago I was on a Fresca (Coke) kick and they sent several 12 packs for my South America circumnavigation.

j

Unlike Diet Coke and Coca-Cola light which are the same product with different badges, these are not quite the same product.

As a Diet Coke aficionado, I can tell you that Coke Light does NOT taste like Diet Coke (at least in Asia).

As a Diet Coke aficionado, I can tell you that Coke Light does NOT taste like Diet Coke (at least in Asia).

I agree.

Nor in Europe I didn't think.

Coke asserts it is the same.

Something special in the flavor mix of those American chemicals I suppose...

I'm pretty much at coffee for caffeine and sparkling water for fizz needs now.

Best for an enjoyable cruise on RSSC.

Edited by ededmd
Typo