Excursion advice...Caribbean, 2017

Mudhen

Does anyone have any advice, comments on excursions that you may have taken thru Regent that goes to Costa Maya (no pyramids, please), Roatan, and Key West? Are there any excursions that you really liked or did not....

I have not been able to find out a thing on "Harvest Caye". Sounds to me like this is an NCL creation....not even sure it's done yet...any info?

Thanks in advance....

Harvest Caye is an NCL creation.

I hope that NCL is not expecting the RSSC (and Oceania) guests to visit on the same days as each other - much less the same days as the 5 NCL ships written to port here. I just cannot see that going well.

News article:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-norwegian-harvest-caye-news-20160316-story.html

And from NCL: https://www.ncl.com/harvest-caye

GEEEZ.....if the NCL/Oceania ships pull in along with Regent, it will be a nightmare, not a special experience. Time will tell on this one.....will be following to see how it goes....

Thanks for the info.

Is Regent still going to stop in Belize or only this NCL crowded nightmare of an island? IMO, this is not a place for luxury cruisers where they would expect included beverages on a private island. We enjoy Belize but obviously would not enjoy this place.

Not sure on this one....is Roatan, Belieze? or is that something else? Anyway, we go there.

Depending on who all is in Harvest Caye (and if it's up and running by Jan.) we may just stay on board, enjoy the pool and let the crew drop grapes in our mouths! (giggle!)

Not sure on this one....is Roatan, Belieze? or is that something else? Anyway, we go there.

Depending on who all is in Harvest Caye (and if it's up and running by Jan.) we may just stay on board, enjoy the pool and let the crew drop grapes in our mouths! (giggle!)

From what I read on the NCL website, it is in Belize. There are some good excursions in Belize - much better, IMO, that the island. On the other hand, your idea of what to do onboard sounds pretty darn good:)

The website said that the island won't be complete until November, 2016. You'll be on the Explorer then...... when is your Western Caribbean cruise scheduled for?

Edited by Travelcat2

First week of Jan on the Mariner.....just a quick get away....We really don't need much other than some nice weather and some blue water! If there was any special or notable shore excursion, we'd consider it. The flip side as well...if there's something that was(is) terrible, we'd like to know so we can avoid it!

First week of Jan on the Mariner.....just a quick get away....We really don't need much other than some nice weather and some blue water! If there was any special or notable shore excursion, we'd consider it. The flip side as well...if there's something that was(is) terrible, we'd like to know so we can avoid it!

We did a great private excursion in Belize (cave-tubing) - not sure if it is offered by Regent. You have to schlep an inner-tube for a while (the guy will help you) -- it is hot and then you sit on the river with your butt in the water -- it feels wonderful and the caves are beautiful. Anyway, just a suggestion - not sure if you are into water excursions.

The bike excursion in key west was fun, and not difficult.

In roatan, we went on the beach and snorkeling tour, which was very nice. Beautiful small beach. In Costa Maya, we did another beach tour that had mini speed boats. It was great fun.

On Belize there are three tours I'd recommend (if offered)

In order of fav

1. Lamanai Pyramids and Riverboat. Yes, it's pyramids you don't want, but the trip to the place via river delta, swampy area, fast boat ride through the jungle is fantastic.

2. Zipline and Cave Spelunking. Worth it, but if you have issues moving or crawling once in a while, not so much.

3. Cave Tubing. As TC2 said...it's fun...wet beeeehind or not :-)

The only reason I said no pyramids is that they all seem to be so very far away and a long bus ride both ways. I wouldn't care but my husband balks over anything over an hour each way...and it most likely will be hot.....