World Club and Back to Back cruises

SylviaB

It will count as two voyages.

I beg to differ. It will only count as one voyage because the OP has booked under a single booking. That said, because it is a back to back transatlantic [as opposed to a Logical Voyage], they will receive their CWC benefits [gold and higher] on both the outbound leg and the return. And, if there is any internet time remaining after the outbound leg it will be transferred to the return leg plus they will be able to claim a further complimentary package [assuming gold CWC or higher] for the return.

I say this from personal experience but here is the formal position from Cunard https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/returning-home/logical_voyages and https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/returning-home/transatlantic_benefits

Edited by North West Newbie

I beg to differ. It will only count as one voyage because the OP has booked under a single booking. That said, because it is a back to back transatlantic [as opposed to a Logical Voyage], they will receive their CWC benefits [gold and higher] on both the outbound leg and the return. And, if there is any internet time remaining after the outbound leg it will be transferred to the return leg plus they will be able to claim a further complimentary package [assuming gold CWC or higher] for the return.

I say this from personal experience but here is the formal position from Cunard https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/returning-home/transatlantic_benefits

I concur. It will only count as a single voyage as it was booked as such. However, it will still add 14 nights towards CWC status.

I agree it's one voyage credit but because it is a B2B transatlantic, two sets of benefits will definitely apply.
Not quite right, Example if you where say a Gold member then you will get 2 hours free internet if you use it all on the 1st leg you don't get another 2 hours for the 2nd leg

Not quite right, Example if you where say a Gold member then you will get 2 hours free internet if you use it all on the 1st leg you don't get another 2 hours for the 2nd leg

This statement is correct. On a single b2b TA booking, only one set of benefits apply.

One booking = One cruise = One set of benefits.

I don't have any personal experience but several posters have reported that they did, just as North West Newbie has.

I don't have any personal experience but several posters have reported that they did, just as North West Newbie has.

Cunard treat a round trip Transatlantic differently from any other consecutive voyages insofar as additional sets of CWC benefits. https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/returning-home/transatlantic_benefits

In all cases, the voyage credit for CWC membership is based on the number of booking references. https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/returning-home/logical_voyages

Our 2013 round trip Los Angeles to New Zealand and back to Los Angeles was booked as a single cruise, but we were credited with two separate voyages by Cunard. When we left New Zealand, we were made Platinum (with all rights, privileges and extra internet time) for the leg home.

I think Cunard tries to treat passengers fairly on this sort of thing.

I agree it's one voyage credit but because it is a B2B transatlantic, two sets of benefits will definitely apply.

Agree with North West Newbie

This only seems to occur on QM2 when doing a back to back across the North Atlantic. And World cruises.

I'm booked on a B2B transatlantic, I booked it as one vacation, not 2 separate bookings. Will it count as 2 voyages towards my World Club level or just one?

I think the fairest way for all qualifications is to count days sailed and not voyages, a person could do a 21 day cruise, 1 voyage, but if they did 3 T/A voyages it would 3 cruises.:confused:

I think the fairest way for all qualifications is to count days sailed and not voyages, a person could do a 21 day cruise, 1 voyage, but if they did 3 T/A voyages it would 3 cruises.:confused:

Some may argue that CWC membership is to recognise loyalty and a passenger returning to take a two further transatlantic voyages [i.e. 3 in total as in your example] should be rewarded more than someone who only does one voyage.

The qualification criteria for CWC is based on an average of 10 nights per voyage. So, if one did 2 x 10 night voyages [Gold], 7 x 10 night voyages [Platinum] or 15 x 10 night voyages [Diamond] the resulting level of membership would be the same. There will always be winners and losers depending on what suits an individual's circumstances. In your example, the person doing a 21 night voyage will have attained gold status upon completing that voyage. If they had done 3 transatlantic voyages, gold status would have been reached after the second voyage and gold benefits would be made available on the third voyage. I know of people who have taken a short two night voyage to achieve the next level of CWC in order to benefit from the enhanced benefits on their next "main" voyage. No rule is going to suit everybody all of the time. In my view what is more important is knowing what the rules are which is not helped by conflicting opinions and indeed even Cunard don't always give you a definitive answer; it very much depends on who you speak to and ultimately what actually happens in practice!

Maybe Cunard recognises that not everybody can take many days off from work to take long cruises but they would still like to reward returning passengers.

If it would solely be a case of rewarding passengers for the number of days they are on board, the only people able to reach gold, platinum and diamond levels in a reasonable amount of time would be pensioners (or trust fund babies). And as it stands the clientèle of Cunard rarely still has their original hair colour, so if Cunard wants to appeal to other generations, this is a good way to build a loyal customer base.

Agree with North West Newbie

This only seems to occur on QM2 when doing a back to back across the North Atlantic. And World cruises.

How is it treated differently on world cruises? We are doing half the QM2 one in January and assumed that we would just be credited with one voyage and the number of days added to the CWC qualification. We are currently Gold so will get 2 hours free internet. We assumed that is all we get for the whole trip (2 minutes a day.....), but would love to find out it's different :)

How is it treated differently on world cruises? We are doing half the QM2 one in January and assumed that we would just be credited with one voyage and the number of days added to the CWC qualification. We are currently Gold so will get 2 hours free internet. We assumed that is all we get for the whole trip (2 minutes a day.....), but would love to find out it's different :)

My understanding is that the World voyage is split into "sectors" and at the end of each of those sectors your CWC membership will be updated with the number of nights of that sector. At the same time your onboard account will also be settled to the registered credit card. You then start the next sector afresh. As you progress through each of the sectors you may find that your cumulative nights reach 70 in which case your next sector, if there is one or if not your next voyage, will bring about the enhanced Platinum CWC benefits. A free wine tasting to name just one!! This link may help https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/returning-home/cwc_world_voyage

My understanding is that the World voyage is split into "sectors" and at the end of each of those sectors your CWC membership will be updated with the number of nights of that sector. At the same time your onboard account will also be settled to the registered credit card. You then start the next sector afresh. As you progress through each of the sectors you may find that your cumulative nights reach 70 in which case your next sector, if there is one or if not your next voyage, will bring about the enhanced Platinum CWC benefits. A free wine tasting to name just one!! This link may help https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/returning-home/cwc_world_voyage

That's very helpful, thanks. Sadly we won't reach Platinum until 5 days from the end, based on accumulated days :( Difficult to work out exactly what a sector is as Cunard seem to be selling so many different variations, but pretty sure there won't be enough to qualify on voyages taken before the end. Looks like we might get the 2 hours internet a few times though which would help.

Maybe Cunard recognises that not everybody can take many days off from work to take long cruises but they would still like to reward returning passengers.

If it would solely be a case of rewarding passengers for the number of days they are on board, the only people able to reach gold, platinum and diamond levels in a reasonable amount of time would be pensioners (or trust fund babies). And as it stands the clientèle of Cunard rarely still has their original hair colour, so if Cunard wants to appeal to other generations, this is a good way to build a loyal customer base.

Maybe pensioners are the main cruiser out of season, but it helps cruise lines to be able to sail all year round and not just in peak season, even if they have no hair or coloured hair. I think all the levels are far to easy to achieve. We have just returned from a cruise and the leading sailor had over 2400 day, and they are Diamond members just like other who have 150 days.:confused: