Queen Victoria TV question

nhow

We'll be on the Queen Victoria world cruise this January for three months. Just wondering if anyone knows about the stateroom TV's, specifically do the TV's have VGA and audio inputs? We would like to hook up our laptop (with a VGA and audio output) to the TV in the cabin to view our videos on a larger screen. I've asked Cunard but their answer was simply if your laptop has HDMI, VGA, S-video you should be able to connect to the TV. But I'd like to be very clear about what sort of cable we need before we embark.

I understand that all the TV's on the Queen Victoria have been refitted in 2015, so would love to hear from anybody who's been aboard recently and knows the TV specs. Thanks for your help. :)

We would also like to know if the QV now has the large screen TVs mounted on the wall like the QM2 and QE. I keep reading that she doesn't have them yet but would love to have a definite answer. Thanks!!

Not as of last week, no.

We would also like to know if the QV now has the large screen TVs mounted on the wall like the QM2 and QE. I keep reading that she doesn't have them yet but would love to have a definite answer. Thanks!!

I'm afraid not , only on QE at the moment.

According to one or two senior crew members, who were with the ship in dry dock,

everything was in place to have wall mounted ones at the last refit, but the wrong fittings were delivered to Hamburg and time ran out. :( The intention was to install them from time to time when the ship is at her home port.

I think they may have one or two of them already installed in a few of the top suites. :confused:

Edited to add: they may have them in the 'new' single cabins ?

Edited by Bell Boy

our qv cabin this july did not

According to one or two senior crew members, who were with the ship in dry dock,

everything was in place to have wall mounted ones at the last refit, but the wrong fittings were delivered to Hamburg and time ran out. :( The intention was to install them from time to time when the ship is at her home port.

I think they may have one or two of them already installed in a few of the top suites. :confused:

Bell Boy

With QV based in the Med for half the year and therefore not in Southampton very often, it sounds as though fitting the new TVs may take some time (years ?)

Will

Thanks for the information. Do you know if the older tv's on the QV have audio input jacks as well as VGA input?

Oh my goodness that's far too complicated for me ...wouldn't know what you are talking about ;)

Now if you'd ask me the ingredients for Cosmopolitan cocktail I might be able to help. ;)

:D

It's how you connect a cable from your laptop to the TV so you can view your own videos on a larger screen. I'm hoping that someone who's cruised on the QV recently and done it will reply.

On the QM2 I could connect my iPod & iPad with HDMI and Component Video to the old TV's.

If they still got the old TV's on QV this should work for you too [emoji5]️

Matt

Thanks Matt. Unfortunately, my laptop only has VGA (not HDMI) with a headphone out jack. That's why I'm trying to find out if I can connect it to the TV via VGA and audio input jack. I would prefer not to have to buy a VGA to HDMI converter.

The YouTube tours of Queen Elizabeth show just one smallish TV on a cupboard in the Queen's grill cabins. Has that since changed, and do they have a small one also on the wall for watching TV from the bed(s)? Do the Elizabeth TVs have DVD players, and is there a good selection of DVDs that you can borrow (for free?) Thanks.

We'll be on the Queen Victoria world cruise this January for three months. Just wondering if anyone knows about the stateroom TV's, specifically do the TV's have VGA and audio inputs? We would like to hook up our laptop (with a VGA and audio output) to the TV in the cabin to view our videos on a larger screen. I've asked Cunard but their answer was simply if your laptop has HDMI, VGA, S-video you should be able to connect to the TV. But I'd like to be very clear about what sort of cable we need before we embark.

I understand that all the TV's on the Queen Victoria have been refitted in 2015, so would love to hear from anybody who's been aboard recently and knows the TV specs. Thanks for your help. :)

We'll be on the QV in January, Southampton to LA. I would like to know if the TVs have a USB port to enable us to watch films preloaded on a USB flash drive. Can anyone on board/recently been on board answer this.

Thanks Vera