Eastbound crossing

Norwich Cruiser

Are you flying out from the UK first, or are you already based in the USA ?

If you are based in the UK and flying out first, then why not arrange to have a day or two in NCY and shop until you drop......no worries about baggage limit on QM ;)

I prefer to get the flight over first ( even though it's a daylight one) The idea of hanging around all day after disembarking the luxury of the ship and waiting for the red eye back to the UK fills me with horror.

I don't think any of us know what the weather will bring next May , however, You have no need to have any concerns about weather conditions , it's what the QM2 is built for.

Go on and book it, stop thinking about it ;) You know it makes sense, it's the only way to cross.

Edited by Bell Boy

I did an April TA on QM2, her maiden voyage to New York in 1994. We had a few rough days, but as stated, the ship handles it better than QE2. However, you WILL feel motion, especially if you run into force 10-12 seas. My girlfriend got sick in the Commodore Club, and they had no bags or anything available. They had to clean it up!!

Otherwise, I think you will be fine, just remember that the North Atlantic can be the wildest ocean in the world.

If you have concerns, just wear a patch.

Enjoy. A TA on QM2 is like nothing else in the world!:)

We have only sailed transatlantic once in May--2014. It was cool/chilly. Not weather for sitting out on the deck (in my opinion). Gray skies and some fog. We stayed indoors for the most part (which was perfect)!

It certainly wasn't stormy, though, and it would take quite some waves for QM2 passengers to be actually bothered---a major storm, which is very, very doubtful that you would see. A bit of roughness is nothing on the QM2. You shouldn't be concerned about that. There is movement on the ship, of course, but nothing that should be distressing.

As far as tips on the crossing! My tips would be: "do it" and "enjoy." The QM2 is a lovely ship. DH and I find lots to do (no boredom whatsoever) with the end result of relaxation and renewal.

Read the Daily Programme to discover choices for activities and entertainment. This is delivered to your cabin each evening. Go to the daytime lectures. Most of the speakers are excellent. See the evening productions in the theater. Check out the hallway where you can see the bridge (personnel in charge of running the ship). Sit in the Commodore on deck 9 forward for a drink and the view. Visit the library.

The days will go by quickly.

Have a wonderful voyage!

Thinking of booking Eastbound crossing May 2016 never done a transatlantic before.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thoughts on the weather that may be expected.

You simply do not know what the weather will be like. We have been on a TA in January and sat on deck in the sunshine and will do the TA again in Jan 2016. Just go for it and enjoy the journey.

We went e/b this past May, weather foggy almost the entire time. At one point, the weather report indicated 7 meter waves, hardly noticeable. Still, not a problem, would definitely go again, my wife dislikes flying.

Enjoy!

We went e/b this past May, weather foggy almost the entire time. At one point, the weather report indicated 7 meter waves, hardly noticeable. Still, not a problem, would definitely go again, my wife dislikes flying.

Enjoy!

One thing for sure, the worst cabin on QM2 is better than the best seat on a commercial airliner.:eek::D Food is better too.:D