Booking Windstar

jimmieg

Hi, Windstar, veterans.

We are veteran cruisers (30+). Looking to Windstar as we've seen in port and like a couple of the Caribbean itineraries.

Looks like they don't book through my usual online go-to agencies. We'd be raising our pppd/$ and giving up a ton of OBC'S and perks to try a Winstar. Might even be willing to try a back to back. But, really hate telephone booking. How do you all book and are agency OBC'S available through some channels?

I have booked two Windstar cruises and both times I called direct and booked over the telephone. They were able to tell me all the available cabins and they helped me choose the best available. When I saw the prices had dropped for my January 2016 cruise I called and got an immediate reduction in the price but I had to call and be on the lookout which I'm sure is not for everyone.

I also called several times before our Panama Canal cruise last December for questions about various tour options. I liked hearing it direct instead of through a TA.

I have also booked direct on Royal Caribbean and Carnival. I kind of like "playing" my own travel agent. (I booked our land trips to Italy and Ireland the last few summers for my family so it's kind of fun I think!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm with you Ski Mom 2.

I like to do my own research and compare pricing. yhen book where my spreadsheet tells me makes most sense. Nobody is best eveytime. Don't like to get tied up with agents who I have to wait for to "call me back," agents who are "off today,be back tomorrow," or, "no we can't let you talk to another agent," etc.

However, in Windstars case, public pricing information is harder to come by. Or maybe it's one pricing fits all with no agency OBC'S or discounts. If that's the case, I'll just stop looking. I tried Cruise Compete to get an idea, but not one response.

An analog cruise line in a digital world?

I do lots of research but use a TA with the auto club's local office. I let her spend time on the phone with her WS contact and she has gotten some good pricing and extras for me. She has great follow up on watching pricing, when payments are due, etc. I'm busy all day and this saves me time. You can also book your own and then turn it over to a TA. Sometimes they can get extra credits for you that you can't get on your own.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I just booked my first Windstar cruise during their flash sale. And, it looks like they are currently having a decent sale now as well. I clicked on the "request quote" button, and was contacted by a "big box" agency, and more specifically, an agent who was cruised on the itinerary I wanted to book. She was very knowledgeable, helpful, and did give me a decent amount of OBC. She was also able to get me a one category upgrade, at no additional charge.

Robin