Special diets

ridethetide

My husband and I just completed our 5th Windstar cruise. We follow a vegan diet, and our TA has made arrangements for our special needs to be communicated to the chef prior to embarkation for each cruise. On the first three cruises, a complete vegan menu was prepared for us for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It included appetizers, soups, breads, entrees, and desserts. Our needs were met and the food was incredible. On the fourth and fifth cruises, we were only offered a vegan dinner entree. We were on our own to try to figure out what we could or couldn't eat for the rest of the meals. In fact, there were lunches where our only options were green salad or steamed vegetables with white rice. We are booked on the Star Breeze this coming April and hope that a better effort will be made to accommodate our needs. Please advise me if Windstar's policy has changed regarding meeting passengers' special dietary needs. If it is no longer a priority for Windstar, I am saddened to think that this will be our last Windstar cruise.

Thank you for your time.

My husband and I just completed our 5th Windstar cruise. We follow a vegan diet, and our TA has made arrangements for our special needs to be communicated to the chef prior to embarkation for each cruise. On the first three cruises, a complete vegan menu was prepared for us for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It included appetizers, soups, breads, entrees, and desserts. Our needs were met and the food was incredible. On the fourth and fifth cruises, we were only offered a vegan dinner entree. We were on our own to try to figure out what we could or couldn't eat for the rest of the meals. In fact, there were lunches where our only options were green salad or steamed vegetables with white rice. We are booked on the Star Breeze this coming April and hope that a better effort will be made to accommodate our needs. Please advise me if Windstar's policy has changed regarding meeting passengers' special dietary needs. If it is no longer a priority for Windstar, I am saddened to think that this will be our last Windstar cruise.

Thank you for your time.

On our latest (and fourth) Windstar cruise, the general quality of the food seemed to have significantly deteriorated, compared to our previous Windstar experiences. Because of that, as well as problems with cigarette smoke permeating our cabin, we have decided that our recent Windstar cruise will also be our last one.