New to Windstar - What to expect?

GoCubsGo16

My husband and I are new to Windstar. We are going on a 7 day cruise with them next Friday in Tahiti. We are so unbelievably excited! I've done a lot of reading online and I found this board.

We've already signed up for the unlimited drink package and the laundry package.

What can we expect on board?

You can expect an amazing time, fabulous service, beautiful visuals, outstanding food, great excursions ( we took swimming with the rays, histories of the moais, the spinning dolphin tour) beach time on the motus is fabulous, the fire dancing amazing, in my opinion the only way to see Tahiti. The colors of the lagoon are georgeous, sunsets extraordinary. It was a great cruise we loved every second. Have a great time, I am sure you will. Susanne

Expect a very laid back week, a great crew who will know your name by day two, good food and nice people. Don't expect great entertainment, bingo, dance lessons or any organized weirdness. Expect beautiful water and islands. If you're on a ship with sails prepare to be dazzled as you sail away. Laundry package is nice so you don't have to take too much or go home with dirty clothes. Liquor package has way too much for us to drink. I've seen people get totally drunk to make sure they are getting their money's worth. Have a wonderful time!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If you have been mega-ship cruisers, don't expect tall ship cruising to be the same.

Fewer people, more opportunities to meet fellow passengers

More casual, laid back in attire and activities

Lots of opportunities to explore where the big boats can't go

No lines for anything

Beautiful, nicely appointed cabins and common areas

Crews that are very friendly, helpful and fun to chat with

And yes, because it's a sailing ship, it may rock a bit

Be open to a new experience and you should have fun!

If you have been mega-ship cruisers, don't expect tall ship cruising to be the same.

Fewer people, more opportunities to meet fellow passengers

More casual, laid back in attire and activities

Lots of opportunities to explore where the big boats can't go

No lines for anything

Beautiful, nicely appointed cabins and common areas

Crews that are very friendly, helpful and fun to chat with

And yes, because it's a sailing ship, it may rock a bit

Be open to a new experience and you should have fun!

Well said! As for another comment about food, that is one topic that is totally subjective. We have been on 4 WS in the past year and have had food that was so much better than we had on Queen Mary two years ago that there was no contest for us. Is it Michelin 3 star? No. Is it better than most chains like Outback etc.? Absolutely! And the service and variety is extraordinary. And, if you want something "off menu" ask the chef. If you have time and are interested in cooking by all means do the galley tour. Most importantly have fun!

Well said! As for another comment about food, that is one topic that is totally subjective. We have been on 4 WS in the past year and have had food that was so much better than we had on Queen Mary two years ago that there was no contest for us. Is it Michelin 3 star? No. Is it better than most chains like Outback etc.? Absolutely! And the service and variety is extraordinary. And, if you want something "off menu" ask the chef. If you have time and are interested in cooking by all means do the galley tour. Most importantly have fun!

Thanks for the tip on the galley tour. I love cooking and will definitely make sure we do this.