Athens to Istanbul

Second seating

We took this cruise on June 27th to July 4th, we loved it. One excursion was wonderful!!! It was the Exclusive Bodrum Culinary Experience. I have taken many culinary classes over the years and this was one of the best. Chef and restaurant owner Asli met the group at a local produce market then we went to her restaurant Erenler Sofrasi to prepare for for the meal. I am gluten free and it could not have been handled better!

Second seating

• 1 month later...

We did this cruise on Windstar about 3 years ago - it was wonderful. Least Favourites - Momenvasia (interesting but not a lot to see) Santorini - beautiful scenery but understandably, touristy - and not a lot to see... (I was so glad I hadn't booked a week there); Rhodes - wonderful, so much to see, just great to wander around, ditto Bodrum - don't miss the wonderful little castle and, obviously, Ephesus (Kusidasi). Last but not least - Istanbul - fabulous. We have been back and can't wait to return yet again.

We plan to repeat the cruise sometime in the next few years, its well worth it.

1. With the itinerary. Navplion and Kalymos were non event ports. Rhodes needs to be overnight with at least one and a half days there so much to see in the old walled city plus Acropolis down at Lindos. Fortunately we missed Monemvasia and they substituted Navplion which was as equally boring. Windstar should allow more time in Rhodes and offer more interesting Greek island stops to replace. Monevasia, Navplion and Kalymos and replace them with more interesting locations .

• 3 weeks later...

We took this trip end of August. Would agree with @kuldalai that an overnight in Rhodes would have been great. As would a later departure from Santorini. Heartbreaking to be in a world famous sunset spot and leave at 5 pm.

We enjoyed Crete, though the port of Heraklion wasn't atteactive. We would have happily missed Cesme.

I agree with late departure from Santorini. The only problem with this is that as you advance in the season, you will find that sunset is about 4:30PM in October. They do change the time also at the end of that month.

We were also considering WS at end of summer/Fall 2016 because fare were a bit better but we would loose so much daylight that I wonder if it's worth it.