B513 - Excursion missing...

krystal cruser

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has noticed that the Edinburgh excursions are now all missing from the cruise personaliser for B513.

I was going to cancel "Edinburgh on your own" as the ship is now calling at Newhaven - as per email from P&O a week ago on 29th May. Which happened to say all excursions were unaffected.

However, its gone from my list of booked trips... also all trips at Edinburgh have disappeared from the list of available trips...

Cost was £29.99 each... which for a now ten minute coach trip from Ocean terminal newhaven into town, is somewhat expensive...

Anyone know what to do...

I had booked the Holyrood and Royal Yacht tour and was now going to cancel them and do them on my own, and you are right, they do seem to have disappeared.

I assume that they will be making arrangements for replacement tours, although if the price is adjusted it might still be worth going with them if it guarantees a faster tender trip or a bit of queue jumping at the locations.

They're probably Edinburgh is such an easy city to get around you really don't need to do tours. You'd be better booking tickets online to avoid queues for the castle, Holyrood etc. There's a bus from Newhaven right into the city centre. I think it's a 47 but will check and get back to you. It would also be about a 10 minute walk to Ocean Terminal for the Royal Yacht Britannia and lots of buses from there to the city centre.

Hi, here is a link to Lothian Buses' timetable for route 11 which runs from the Ocean Terminal and Newhaven into the city centre:

http://lothianbuses.com/timetables-and-maps/timetables/11

Please be aware that Lothian operate an 'exact fare only' system - you must have the correct change. If you do not, then you will have to overpay for your fare. Single fares are £1.50 for any journey.

In my experience, Lothian Buses operate a very efficient, reliable service so you don't need to worry about not being able to get back to your ship.

Edited by wobblybob74

You can also catch a 16 as well as the 11 into town. A day ticket costs £4 and a single trip ticket is £1.50. Exact money is required. You could walk down to Ocean Terminal (a 10 main stroll) to catch a number of other buses into town. The 35 and 36 buses will take you to the Scottish Parliament and to Royal Mile. You can also get a Hop on hop off bus from here. This is also were The Royal Yacht Britannia is docked. There are a variety of shops, restaurants and a cinema also at Ocean Terminal.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

It looks like all of the excursions that were booked for South Queensferry have now been transferred to Newhaven. This includes the "Edinburgh on your own" trip which costs £31 each. When it was a 45 minute drive from South Queensferry this may have been okay, but for a 10 minute coach ride or a 30 minute walk, is not.

I don't know if they will make some adjustment to the booked excursions to reflect this, but I guess that most people would want to cancel.

The Royal Yacht tour is brilliant, but to get the most from it be there for it opening. Leave it until the afternoon and you will have problems.

The queue for tickets will be huge and once on board you will not be able to see everything and take it all in. The rooms are very small for the number of visitors so you get driven along in the crowds. You may also run out of time to enjoy it.

You can easily spend 3-4 hours seeing everything, including the obligatory tea and cake in the excellent on board tea room!

Edited by Thejuggler

Thanks everyone for your great advice and help re buses etc.

The cruise personaliser has now been fixed, and the Edinburgh on your own is operating from Newhaven... at £31 each...

We have cancelled our booking and will take the bus into town...

Once again.. thanks for all your help... :)

Sorry did not quite understand :o my wife is a very slow walker so what 15/20 min walk to Britannia and then we can get a hop on hop of bus from there ?

There is not one from where the ship docks - so we would have the same walk back from Britannia on return.

Thanks in advance for your reply and patience

Some of the hop on hop off buses go pass Newhaven harbour on the way to Ocean Terminal. So they may stop at the harbour to pick people up. Will see what I can find out and let you know

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...