Specialty Restaurant prices?

bangzoom6877

We're sailing on the Jewel on July 30th. We are interested in a few specialty restaurants. I want to make sure I have the correct cover charges for each:

1. Cagney's=$25 per person

2. Le Bistro=$25 per person

3. Mexican Restaurant=$10 per person (including a small margarita)

Are these the correct prices? I couldn't remember if I saw Le Bistro priced at $20 or $25, and also want to make sure these are current prices and not old ones. Also, children are half price in specialty restaurants if they order off the restaurant menu, or free if they order off the same children's menu they provide in the dining room, correct? My kids are 4 and 6, since I'm sure there is an age limit (assuming either 10 or 12).

Thank you! I thought for some reason le Bistro and Cagney's were both $25 but I see Le Bistro is $20. It's interesting that the Tapas Bar and Java Cafe are complimentary...I thought there was an extra charge for those.

What about children? Was I correct in my original post?

They chart may be wrong for the Tapas Bar and the Java does charge for "fancy" coffees.

I think you're right on for kids prices, but truthfully I haven't eaten in specialty venues with children. I'm sure someone will let you know if your info is incorrect.

They chart may be wrong for the Tapas Bar and the Java does charge for "fancy" coffees.

I think you're right on for kids prices, but truthfully I haven't eaten in specialty venues with children. I'm sure someone will let you know if your info is incorrect.

Thanks! I thought they charged for fancy coffee drinks on my cruise on the Spirit in 2006, and I figured they still would. We'll see about the tapas bar, but we're planning to go to the Mexican restaurant with the kids for dinner one night anyway so we can try tapas then anyway.

Thank you! I thought for some reason le Bistro and Cagney's were both $25 but I see Le Bistro is $20. It's interesting that the Tapas Bar and Java Cafe are complimentary...I thought there was an extra charge for those.

What about children? Was I correct in my original post?

Look on the lower left corner of the linked page.

Look on the lower left corner of the linked page.

Thanks, I missed that one! Good to see that if they just want a burger, it is still complimentary just as it is in the MDR. My kids would probably get something like quesadillas at the Mexican restaurant, but with kids you never know...they just may be in the mood for something more simple at that moment! ;)

Kids really depend on the waiter too. When I was in Cagney's last January on the Pearl, our waiter did not charge us at all for our DD, who did order off the main menue. Now, I should point out that we ate at Cagney's every morning for breakfast, and had the same waiter, so maybe he was looking for a nice tip, which we always did provide.

Kids really depend on the waiter too. When I was in Cagney's last January on the Pearl, our waiter did not charge us at all for our DD, who did order off the main menue. Now, I should point out that we ate at Cagney's every morning for breakfast, and had the same waiter, so maybe he was looking for a nice tip, which we always did provide.

You're probably right, he knew you guys and he knew he would see you again. I am not expecting this...I have a 4-year-old and a 6-year-old, and I expect to pay half price if they order off the restaurant's menu. But it sounds like you guys got very lucky!! :)

Children 3 and under are complimentary in the specialty restaurants. Those that are between the ages of 4 and 12 pay half of the cover charge IF they eat from that restaurant's menu. If they choose the stuff off the MDR kid's menu, there is no charge.

Question, what if you have someone in your party who doesn't really want the specialty restaurant menu but wants to eat with their friends there... Can they get the MDR menu without the extra charge?

No.

Archived