Question whether to use O shuttle or take taxi from Miami airport to pier

Wren3

Any thoughts on whether to take Oceania shuttle transportation or take a taxi to Oceania pier when we arrive at Miami airport? Any advise appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Wren3

A taxi is $27; shuttle services are available, but a taxi is probably cheaper. Uber is also an option.

I don't know why anyone would want to pay Oceania's prices for transportation at U.S. airports.

At ANY airport.

At ANY airport.

I agree, for me and DH.

However Dec 2014 my parents joined us on a Buenos Aires to Valparaiso Chile itinerary, and they did take the transfers. They are active 86 year olds with zero spanish, but love to travel. Since we were meeting onboard (we live on opposite coasts and flew in separately), O transfers made sense for them (and to us, for them - we didn't use O transfers). We might have arranged private transport for them, but they actually enjoy getting to meet people on the bus.

Edited by babysteps

At ANY airport.

I can understand if you're at a foreign airport and you don't speak the language, it may be better to pay for Oceania's transportation just for peace of mind. It depends on how comfortable a person is travelling abroad. My parents, for example, would pay more for the convenience and lower stress.

• 1 month later...
We're on board the Riveria right now and just received the Disembarkation information - Oceania shuttle to airport is $59 pp so we'll be taking a taxi to the airport.

Be advised that the line for taxis will be extremely long. To further complicate matters, Oceania's pier side staff are incredibly disorganized, so large numbers of people will be directed into the middle of a line instead of the end. There were a lot of irate passengers waiting for taxis at the end of our December cruise. (I know because I was one of them)

Two weeks ago, we used Quality Limo Service from port to MIA. Wonderful experience. Need to make reservation, call them when you have luggage and are through customs and they meet you right outside. Driver had us on the schedule, knew we were coming, and was there in less than 3 minutes. Very easy and quick. Nice clean car, friendly driver and he'll drop you right at your airline. Cost $15 per person - $30 for two so pretty much same price as taxi, but no waiting in line.

Edited by PortlandroseWL
no signiture

We're on board the Riveria right now and just received the Disembarkation information - Oceania shuttle to airport is $59 pp so we'll be taking a taxi to the airport.

They will also drop you in the middle of the airport which could be nowhere near your airline. Could have a 15 min. walk with your luggage. Stay away from O transfers !!!!

I can understand if you're at a foreign airport and you don't speak the language, it may be better to pay for Oceania's transportation just for peace of mind. It depends on how comfortable a person is travelling abroad. My parents, for example, would pay more for the convenience and lower stress.

That's exactly my thinking plus one other consideration. We are on the Miami to Barcelona next month. We took O's air and our non stop flight from Barcelona to Newark is at 10:50 AM. I decided to take the rather expensive transfers (a first for us) because I'm leaving the timing to O to get us to our flight. Peace of mind is worth the extra money we are paying!

As we did this just a week ago. We got off went directly to the curb and found a cab area and had no problem getting one and our cost was flat fee of $27 to airport for both of us. Gave him a tip Was very easy.

That's exactly my thinking plus one other consideration. We are on the Miami to Barcelona next month. We took O's air and our non stop flight from Barcelona to Newark is at 10:50 AM. I decided to take the rather expensive transfers (a first for us) because I'm leaving the timing to O to get us to our flight. Peace of mind is worth the extra money we are paying!

We are on the same cruise and are on AA's 12:15 to Miami. We took O transfers for the same reason. Barcelona is a very active cruise port and taxi availability on a Monday morning may be iffy, anyway.

Mary

In January we had the misfortune of using O's transport. Everyone on the bus was dropped at one location, irregardless of which terminal had their airline. We and many others had a very long walk with baggage to their airline...

Harry

• 2 weeks later...

In Miami we had a porter help with our luggage. He connected us with a shuttle who had a van with a spot for two. $20 including tip and he dropped us and our luggage right a curbside check in.

Miami is only iffy when there are multiple ships all wanting to disembark at the same time. Just one 4000 passenger ship can cause havoc at the port. Add a couple more and it's total pandemonium.

In Miami we had a porter help with our luggage. He connected us with a shuttle who had a van with a spot for two. $20 including tip and he dropped us and our luggage right a curbside check in.

Miami is only iffy when there are multiple ships all wanting to disembark at the same time. Just one 4000 passenger ship can cause havoc at the port. Add a couple more and it's total pandemonium.

I think the question was MIA airport to ship. Take a taxi. Cheaper and easier. From ship back to airport taxi or private shuttle. Do not use O transport. They are awful.