Coffee maker/ machine in PH level

drbeamer

Hello! Thinking of making a switch to O. Have been sailing in the suite level on NCL for many years, but last cruise on the Star a let down. One thing I really enjoy is the Lavazza machine in the suite. Does Oceania have anything like this in the PH and higher level?

If you are on the O class ships & near the Executive lounge you can go there & get your coffee or pop up to Barristas on deck 14

If you choose the R class ships Barristas is on deck 5 by the GDR

Or there is also coffee in Horizons or the Terrace

No shortage of place to get coffee ;)

If you are on the O class ships & near the Executive lounge you can go there & get your coffee or pop up to Barristas on deck 14

If you choose the R class ships Barristas is on deck 5 by the GDR

Or there is also coffee in Horizons or the Terrace

No shortage of place to get coffee ;)

Yes but the quality of the coffee's out of the self serve espresso/cappuccino machines leaves a lot to be desired. Barristas is the comparable choice.

The best part about NCL is having the Lavazza machines in your suite -- allows a great double espresso at any hour.

Yes but the quality of the coffee's out of the self serve espresso/cappuccino machines leaves a lot to be desired. Barristas is the comparable choice.

In the Terrace I ask for the coffee from the machine by the bar on the R-ships hope they are still there :eek:

The best part about NCL is having the Lavazza machines in your suite -- allows a great double espresso at any hour.

Agree. We prefer to avoid the self serve espresso in the lounges. Undrinkable imo

Ok...thanks for the responses. Don't usually like to bother the butler for small things, but from what I've read, the service on O will be superior to NCL

Your experience on O when compared to the NCL experience as a whole will be like night and day. While the Haven is very nice, once you get out of your suite, you're still on NCL with the crowds and the kids and the not so great food.

IMO, it is not a good idea to compare NCL to Oceania as they are different as one could possibly imagine. If you expect the same amenities on Oceania as on NCL, you will be disappointed because Oceania has small ships that do not have enough room to accommodate what NCL ships have. Also, you are not nickeled and dimed like you are on NCL. If NCL passengers do not do "due diligence" (research) about Oceania cruises, you could be very disappointed.

The food on Oceania is amazing, the suites are as well (not so much the smaller cabins). However, there is a lot less activity on Oceania than there is on NCL. Unless school is not in session, children are looked upon as a nuisance. Entertainment is mediocre. Unless you are on an itinerary with a lot of sea days, there is little to do onboard. For those of that sail on Oceania (not necessarily us), cruises can be quite boring but that is what we are looking for........ quiet, sedate, relaxing..................

The point of my post is to make sure that you are ready for the Oceania experience. Do research........ look at reviews. Otherwise, you will be spending more money for an experience that may not meet your expectations.

Made me realize that I have to branch out and try something new. Looking for a calmer, less guest experience. Found myself staying in the suite to avoid crowds, noise , wild kids etc

I know what you mean, leaving the Haven and going to the pool or Garden Cafe is a zoo.

O will be calmer for sure, almost dead at night. There's one show at 9:30 o 9:45. There can be lectures during the day. I would say O's passengers are 65 to 85, I'm 50.

While you are branching out you could also try a suite on Celebrity (aka X). The crowd is older than NCL, maybe 45 to 65. There are no kids pool attractions, no slides. There is no private suite pool area but X does have nicer pool chairs than NCL. There is a suite restaurant that is very good with 14 diff dinner menus, 3 lunch, 1 breakfast, so lots of choice. There is a suite club / private bar. X is trying to offer "The Suite Life" and have done many good things but has a lot to learn. Coffee on X is a PITA. No in room machines. For best coffee must go to deck 14 or deck 5 coffee shop, or club on deck 5 has Nespresso or will get from coffee shop.

Thanks for all the advice! We are going to give O a try. We knew we had to make a change when we were running back to the suite to have a glass of wine after dinner most nights. We skipped all the shows.Crowds and noise were overwhelming The speciality restaurants level of service had really dropped in the past 3 years.

• 1 month later...
IMO, it is not a good idea to compare NCL to Oceania as they are different as one could possibly imagine. If you expect the same amenities on Oceania as on NCL, you will be disappointed because Oceania has small ships that do not have enough room to accommodate what NCL ships have. Also, you are not nickeled and dimed like you are on NCL. If NCL passengers do not do "due diligence" (research) about Oceania cruises, you could be very disappointed.

The food on Oceania is amazing, the suites are as well (not so much the smaller cabins). However, there is a lot less activity on Oceania than there is on NCL. Unless school is not in session, children are looked upon as a nuisance. Entertainment is mediocre. Unless you are on an itinerary with a lot of sea days, there is little to do onboard. For those of that sail on Oceania (not necessarily us), cruises can be quite boring but that is what we are looking for........ quiet, sedate, relaxing..................

The point of my post is to make sure that you are ready for the Oceania experience. Do research........ look at reviews. Otherwise, you will be spending more money for an experience that may not meet your expectations.

Travelcat2,

I think you have covered the differences perfectly! We just started cruising the summer of 2012 and have done 7 NCL and 6 Oceania (Marina & Riviera).

Love family cruises on NCL and ones with just the two of us on Oceania. Highly recommend both cruise lines, just know what your are looking for!

Ok...thanks for the responses. Don't usually like to bother the butler for small things, but from what I've read, the service on O will be superior to NCL

I can vouch for that....

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2016/01/31/oceania-riviera-mayan-mystique/

Butler room service is superb and you can choose from any of the speciality restaurant menus...

23999758593_e0baa3beb6_z.jpg

Hello! Thinking of making a switch to O. Have been sailing in the suite level on NCL for many years, but last cruise on the Star a let down. One thing I really enjoy is the Lavazza machine in the suite. Does Oceania have anything like this in the PH and higher level?

We've developed our strategy for the Butler bringing our coffee -- on embarkation day when we meet him for the first time, we advise him exactly how we like our coffee and that we will be calling each and every morning (but possibly at different times). He doesn't even have to call us back when he is paged, he just prepares the tray made up the the same way every morning and delivers it with a gentle knock on the door. It's heaven!

We've developed our strategy for the Butler bringing our coffee -- on embarkation day when we meet him for the first time, we advise him exactly how we like our coffee and that we will be calling each and every morning (but possibly at different times). He doesn't even have to call us back when he is paged, he just prepares the tray made up the the same way every morning and delivers it with a gentle knock on the door. It's heaven!

Does the Butler bring coffee made at Baristas?

I love to have a decent cup of coffee first thing in the morning while I am getting ready. I would love coffee making facilities in the room.

We're on Regatta this year and am going to miss Concierge Lounge.

Baristas too far in PJ's!!!! (No I wouldn't go to Concierge lounge in pj's !!!!!)

Coffee round the ship from the machines is not very nice

Josie

Hmmm, most curious. Several posts by at least 4 different CC members have been removed from this thread, all of which were relevant to the conversation. All pertained to the difference between NCL and O regarding suites and overall experience. None were derogatory. Never saw this happen before. Mods, any comments?

Hmmm, most curious. Several posts by at least 4 different CC members have been removed from this thread, all of which were relevant to the conversation. All pertained to the difference between NCL and O regarding suites and overall experience. None were derogatory. Never saw this happen before. Mods, any comments?

From your description, sounds like they were all way off-topic.

From your description, sounds like they were all way off-topic.

Actually not. OP asked about the experience on O compared to NCL (the thread title is misleading - read the first couple comments). Having sailed on both, I gave my opinion. Another poster also added some comments. The OP asked another question that I replied to. All those posts have disappeared from the thread with no reason given. Never saw that happen before.