Valor - Fish and Chips

zzczopfamily

Yep, go to the buffet, and find the dessert table. Right behind the dessert table are stairs that will lead you right up to the "Fish-n-Chips" area. I personally LOVE the fish and chips, but the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) says they're usually too greasy for her. In any case, give it a shot, and let us know what you think?

"SKY"

Ok, I have heard about these fish and chips, yes both positive and negative reviews, can someone tell me where to find these on the ship. We are on the 10/10/10 cruise!!!!!!!!!

:p

My wife & I will be on the same cruise, looking so forward to it, i have looked at the deck plans of the Valor & the Fish & Chips is located on deck 10 near the back of the ship by the sliding sky dome.

Hope to see you on the cruise :)

I had on both Freedom and Valor. I liked the fried oysters and the seared tuna on watermelon. I also found that this was a somewhat "secret" area - usually not crowded. So even if you weren't going to get something from the fish stand, there were plenty of places to sit if you can't find something on the main level. There is a set of stairs on either side of the main dessert table (where there is usually someone cutting pies and cakes). Enjoy!!

I *think* this is the current menu

All dishes come with French Fried Potatoes and Marinated Vegetables

Cold Seafood Appetizers and Salads

Cured Tenderloin of Ahi Tuna

• Served with Watermelon

Cajun Barbecued Octopus Salad

Ceviche

• Marinated Tiger Shrimp and Red Snapper with Peppers, Lime, and Coconut

Hot Main Dishes with Seafood

Crisp Fried Oysters

Cider Batter Fried Fish Fillets

Calamari Zucchini Maui Onion Fritters

Bouillabaisse a la Carnival

• Steamed Mussels, Gulf Shrimp, Clams, and Fillet of Red Snapper. Served in Tomato and Pesto broth with Garlic Bread.

Sauces

Tartar - Mayonnaise - Sweet Chili - English Mustard Dip

Ok, I have heard about these fish and chips, yes both positive and negative reviews, can someone tell me where to find these on the ship. We are on the 10/10/10 cruise!!!!!!!!!

Just off the Valor 09/12! Fish & Chips can also be accessed from the Panorama deck aft overlooking the adults only pool. It was easier for us to go this way as we always get chairs on the panorama deck overlooking the Lido deck and pools. Either side of the panorama deck has automatic doors that also open to this area. Just an alternative to the stairs found aft in Rosies. :D

We enjoyed the Fish and Chips on the Valor - we love the ceviche and the Maui fritters (never ate the Fish and Chips myself but my son loved them). The restaurant has limited hours - usually between 12 noon and 3 pm and can get long lines. The space up there is great...usually no people up there. Even if you get your food on the Lido, bring it upstairs. It's so much quieter.

Love, love, love the ahi tuna on watermelon!

Once I board on 1/2/11 it will be my first stop...luggage in hand! :D

We cruised the Valor last December and no one was at Fish & Chips in the beginning of the week. Then the last few day the lines were ENORMOUS!

When you enter the buffet area from the pool walk past the first section and head towards the aft end of the ship. Once you see Rosie:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mbutsy/CarnivalValor#5474628333748012786

Head up those stairs past Rosie and the fish and chip place is upstairs. The fish and chips were pretty good I have to admit. Mind you, we live in the Maritimes of Canada where fresh seafood is right at our doorstep so pretty good to me is likely excellent to someone who does not have access to fresh seafood. So enjoy.

If you're interested, I have some pics of the Valor here

http://picasaweb.google.com/mbutsy/CarnivalValor#

Archived