GCT Arethusa

LewiLewi

• 5 weeks later...

Just noticed your post. Yes, I've been on that ship and its twin, Artemis. I've also done the rivieras trip and really enjoyed it. GCT ships are not fancy, but the rooms are fine for me, the crew and the tour leaders are terrific. Food is fine, included wine not great. If you have more questions just ask.

Just noticed your post. Yes, I've been on that ship and its twin, Artemis. I've also done the rivieras trip and really enjoyed it. GCT ships are not fancy, but the rooms are fine for me, the crew and the tour leaders are terrific. Food is fine, included wine not great. If you have more questions just ask.

Thank you for responding. We have traveled with GCT in the past on land trips and river cruises. We are traveling in Oct. and hope the weather will be good. We are first taking the pre tour to the Italian Lake area and then beginning the journey in Cannes. Did you find the land hotels and food to be good? Is there a lot of walking involved in the tours or at a more leisurely pace? Is the ship comfortable for sleeping or was it noisy or creaky?

We are looking forward to this trip. Thank you again.

My pretrip was in Aix en Provence, the hotel was very nice but there was a bar nearby that was incredibly noisy. We only had 7 on the pretrip and it was great. I don't really remember about the walking...but it wasn't excessive...but I walk close to 10 miles every day so my judgment may be off. Meals were nice. I think it was in Cannes that I ate twice at a nearby Italian restaurant. Certainly that is not something I'd do regularly but this place was great. I found the ship very comfortable and not noisy. I had a balcony cabin and enjoyed some time out there...did the trip at the end of March. Have a wonderful time!

Edited by Barrheadlass