PayTollo

mystic51

Has anyone used the PayTollo app for paying your tolls in the Miami area? We're renting a car and don't want to pay the nearly $20 a day they charge for the tolls to be paid thru them.. Thank you for anyone's information

I stopped at a CVS and bought a Sun Pass and put in on the car. I think you can buy one with some tolls loaded on it. I go to Florida three or four times a year and started an account. I believe you start an account on line and load a small amount on it. It only took me a few minutes.

Thank you for the information.. I had actually posted this on the florida departure boards a couple of months ago and did not get any responses.. so I thought I would try here.. lo is me, I was wrong. I love how people are always so quick to criticize.. if you had no information to offer, why would you even bother to check out this post? Only to be the "monitor"..? Thank you again to anyone that did take a moment to offer information. Much appreciated!

Has anyone used the PayTollo app for paying your tolls in the Miami area?

I am intrigued by your question as I've never heard of PayTollo... No time to do extended research as I'm headed out on Reflection this afternoon but I did quickly find the following article--issued in late June by the developer--that suggests that the application was then--and perhaps, still is--being piloted exclusively in Florida in the Orlando area...

http://www.paytollo.com/pt_blog_PayTollo_cellphone_transponder

If you go to the PayTollo website, there is opportunity--via the "Contact" link at the bottom of the home page--to pose your question...

My impression--but it's just that--is that tolling in the Southeast Florida area may be a bit more complex than the Orlando area is as there are multiple tolling authorities [the state for I-95 Express/The Turnpike and MDX (for some Miami-Dade local highways and causeways)] with jurisdiction in this area varying based upon where one is driving... I do know that SunPass--that's what I use--can be used for both... And I do know that there are still a very few causeways under very local, municipal management that offer no electronic tolling opportunity...

Edited by Xport

Thank you for the information.. lo is me, I was wrong. I love how people are always so quick to criticize.. if you had no information to offer, why would you even bother to check out this post? Only to be the "monitor"..?

I'll apologize for most of CC for those who jumped on you for this question. Some people feel the need to chime in on every post, that is how they get to more than 10,000 posts. :rolleyes: Please ignore them and enjoy your trip.

I was in a National car rental last week where we drove from FLL to Ocala and back to Orlando. Wow a lot of tolls. I was careful to do cash lanes and did have some stress when the GPS told me the exit to the hotel near the airport was SunPass only.

Well when returning the car at the rental facility a paper fell out of the rental agreement paperwork which said that you just drive through the SunPass lanes and they only add $3.95 per day service charge plus the actual toll. Which I had read that the day before!

Thank you for all the information.... I did find out that Thrifty Car Rental has a Plate Pass available for $10.49 per day.. if you don't have a Plate Pass or your own device, it's the toll plus $15 per occurrence with a maximum of $90.. guess that's the way we'll probably go.. I just thought the paytollo app sounded like it would work, but being nobody has used it on these boards, I'm hesitant to try it.. hate negative surprises..