Do I bring a suit?

sailor554

A pretty dumb question considering the dress code is well explained. But I am doing a 10 day cruise in late January 2017 going though Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. I have always over-packed so should i take a suit, sports coat or just good casual clothes for dining and evening activities?

A difficult question. There are many, many threads about Dress Code, and many, unfortunately, get very heated! Evening Chic nights really allow guests to make their own mind up. Some still wear tuxes, some don't. My DH always does, but our travelling companions do not. The good thing is, you can do as you please, and not feel out of place.

My DH always took a tux and sports coat. With the change to Elegant Chic he just takes a sports coat and a tie which he may or may not wear. For Alaska next year he probably will not take the sports coat. If we book a holiday cruise the tux will probably be packed.

Since we haven't cruised in over a year, we haven't yet experienced the new dress code.

So, my question is does my husband need a sports jacket or can we wear a nice sweater?

A suit or a tux are definitely OUT for him!

The funny thing is I will probably wear my usual "dressy" cruise outfits.

from Chicos!

Since we haven't cruised in over a year' date=' we haven't yet experienced the new dress code.

So, my question is does my husband need a sports jacket or can we wear a nice sweater?

A suit or a tux are definitely OUT for him!

The funny thing is I will probably wear my usual "dressy" cruise outfits.

from Chicos![/quote']

He doesn't "Need" a jacket. My husband "Forgot" to pack a jacket for our med cruise in the spring and was fine and not out of place.

The beauty of the new dress code is the flexibility that it allows you.

Want to dress to the nines? Have at it. Want to dress casually but nice? No problem. Enjoy something in between? You won't be alone.

Just don't understand those that want to try to influence as many people as possible to dress formally. I have a couple of ideas why, but will leave that to others...

We got over formal nights many, many cruises ago. Would not even think of sailing a line where they would be required. Happy with Celebrity to make our lives so much easier :)

A pretty dumb question considering the dress code is well explained. But I am doing a 10 day cruise in late January 2017 going though Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. I have always over-packed so should i take a suit, sports coat or just good casual clothes for dining and evening activities?

Do as you please.

On the Summit last month, they screwed up and didn't get our bags to our room before our early dining time so we wore shorts in the MDR with no issues. Balance of the cruise was business casual for us. We felt right at home with slacks and a nice shirt on Chic nights, although there were a lot of suits and more tux's than I expected. Most everyone was suitably dressed.

Thanks for the great information. DH and I will be sailing Celebrity for the first time and I had great concerns about the need for a suit....DH has suits but doesn't favor wearing them. I am glad that a sport coat will take care of the issue. I loved the comment about the dress wear from Chico's! Love Chico's.

Thanks!

Just completed our first cruise after the new Chic dress code came into effect. We left our Tux and Suites home and brought a light Jacket and Dress pants. Worked well and never felt under or over dressed. Debating bring a Jacket on our SE Asia cruise due to the heat.