Men- Evening Chic??

Cruizinggirl

Just got off a Caribbean cruise on the Summit - ranged from golf shirts and dockers to sports coats and dress pants. Very few ties. A handful in tuxes (3 or 4 maybe). But All seemed to be enjoying the cruise. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Recently returned from Silhouette on a TA. Majority of men had dress shirts, with and without ties. A good number of men had sports jackets, with and without ties. A very small number wore Suites and Tux.

It was our first cruise since Chic nights and we brought sports jackets and ties. I wore the sports jacket but didn't use the ties. This is from someone who in the past use to bring two Tux. It sure makes packing easier.

Just got off a Caribbean cruise on the Summit - ranged from golf shirts and dockers to sports coats and dress pants. Very few ties. A handful in tuxes (3 or 4 maybe). But All seemed to be enjoying the cruise. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Equinox , and this also was the closest description of what I saw also, myself, no tie or jacket , but a sport shirt , not a pullover, and khakis .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wore a vest and dress shirt with dress dark jeans and was very comfortable on chic nights. Took a couple of sport coats but only wore one. I agree with previous posters it sure is nice to not drag the tux along...

Having said that I will take the tux on the 14 night Holiday cruise on Equinox... Just does not seem right to not wear a tux on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve...

Here's my two cents. Wear whatever makes you and your travelling companions happy (no shorts, tee shirts). The rest of the people on the ship you will never see again!;):D

Not sure about not seeing some pax fairly often. We saw a few couples 5 times on some of our repeated Cunard trips.

That was not meant as an absolute [emoji[emoji16]

Your point is good, though. If you are fitting into Celebrity's requested dress code (i.e. no shorts, no t-shirts, no ripped jeans) who would care? If you see them again and you are dressed appropriately, who would care? :)

I think my wife and I fit into the new demographic that Celebrity is trying to bring aboard with the more relaxed dress code. We are 40 year old professionals with no kids and disposable incomes who love to cruise but have avoided Celebrity due to it seemed stuffy and old.

But with turn to the evening chic nights has made it more appealing to us. We are now booked on a 10 day cruise and have been very active on the roll call. Also from that, we have found that our assumptions about Celebrity were wrong. Everyone on the roll call has been so much fun to get to know... we are very excited about this sailing.

My experience has been that it depends 1) where you are traveling to, 2) how long the trip is, and 2) time of year you are traveling.

Those things affect the purpose and vibe people want when they cruise which in turn affects their attire choices.

So, you need to factor that in when asking questions that ask for numbers.

Personally, I think a nod to dressing up is pleasant and appreciated by all. It gives the evening a "special" feel.

Those that do not want to differentiate what they wear, would I suspect, complain if the did away with the "special" meals served on those nights. Just my very humble personal opinion.

(And are you taking those kids out of school to travel? :eek:;):D )