island sky

Claret

Hello Ditsy -- We have not sailed on this ship, but are booked for a trip in January. It sounds like you are knowledgeable -- can you tell me more? Is it the ship that needs improvement, or Noble Caledonia -- or both?

Thanks!

• 10 years later...

All I know is what I read in the Berlitz guide Cruising and Cruise Ships [hope this helps, otherwise just skip over this post ;)] The latest edition just came out, and Island Sky and Caledonian Sky are rated 4.5 stars with a total of 1,566-1,588 points (which puts them very near the top of all ships rated). By contrast the Lindblad-Nat'l Geographic ships of this size rate only 2.5 stars and around 1,000 points. [Curiously, the Hebridean Sky -- the latest acquisition -- despite being a sister ship built in between the other two is rated only 3.5 stars at 1,388 points. I, hopefully, attribute this to the renovations not having been completed and/or the staff not having gotten up to par at the time of the rating.] That has definitely put Noble Caledonia on my radar, although not for Antarctica since I don't believe the old Renaissance roman-numeral-class ships were ice-hardened.