Anyone take Captain Bob's tour LATELY? ?

Pier290

• 2 weeks later...

Did a tour a couple weeks ago and it was amazing. There was 12 m/s winds from the east, so we we sadly could not go to pinel island or Tintamare. They made up for it with a extra stop at mullet bay, and we also got to se a big plane landing at maho. Other stop where Creole rock, lunch at grand case and another beach on the french side (happy bay beach i think it was).

We did the tour last week and it is still as good as in the past--we're repeat Capt. Bob'ers! We ended up going to Frenchies for lunch instead off the usual spot next door. The ribs weren't as good, but the fish and vegetarian dishes were better at Frenchies. We also had a lot of wind and missed Pinel and Tintamare, but made an extra stop at a beach on the French side as well as passing by an area that had giant iguanas on rocks. We would repeat this tour again in a heartbeat.

We'll have grandparents (in 70s but active) and tweens/teens with us in June. The grandparents don't snorkel. Would it be better to send them off on a different excursion for the day and skip Capt Bobs? We were thinking of booking them to go with us, but I think they'd do better on an excursion that doesn't focus on snorkeling. Thoughts???

We'll have grandparents (in 70s but active) and tweens/teens with us in June. The grandparents don't snorkel. Would it be better to send them off on a different excursion for the day and skip Capt Bobs? We were thinking of booking them to go with us, but I think they'd do better on an excursion that doesn't focus on snorkeling. Thoughts???

I do not think that a speed boat snorkel excursion is likely the best choice for folks in their 70s who do not snorkel. If they like boats and the water, and the rest of you would like some snorkeling, then I would suggest something like Random Wind (monohull sail boat) or Celine Too (power cat). Something that will have at least good shade if not a cabin to which they could retreat from sun.

We found that the trip was quite rough and the antics making it a thrill ride were not appealing to us - we are in our late 60's. We did find some shade but it is limited.

Yikes! Antics?? Please explain...will our kids age 11 and 7 be scared??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...

if you are VERY ambulatory then I think you will like it. My problem with Bob's was that I wrote and asked if this tour would be good for me. (bad knees and RA). He assured me it was. It wasn't. The man has a great business, he should be up front that its difficult to get off and on the boat etc.....

I have done allot of tours and love to snorkel and swim but this tour was not good for me. A simple **not for those with bad knees or backs. Is all it takes

Yikes! Antics?? Please explain...will our kids age 11 and 7 be scared??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

if sitting in front of the boat, the hard bouncing of the boat won't lift you off your seats, but there are only so many seats up front. If your children don't mind holding on and sometimes bouncing hard then no problem

Four years ago my family of 4; myself, husband, 12 yo daughter and 18 year old son, spent an amazing day with Bob and his son! They could not have been more accommodating and friendly. They went out of their way to swim an elderly guest to the shore of Pinel Island for lunch and back to the boat afterward. Bob and his son made sure we all had a perfect day ! Don't think twice about booking this trip!

• 2 weeks later...

By far this is one of the best fast boat tours in the Caribbean. Have gone 4 previous times and will do it again aboard Oasis in Sept. Cap't Bob makes sure safety of the guest comes first. There is a reason his business is tops on TripAdvisor. Check out my 4 prior reviews.