Question inflatables Paradise Beach vs Playa Mia for pre-teens

peach section

Anyone with experience at both Paradise Beach and Playa Mia that can comment on the experience on the inflatables with pre-teens? We are trying to decide between the two beaches for an 11 year old.

Older posts have indicated that Playa Mia requires everyone to wear life jackets out to the inflatables, is this still true? What about Paradise Beach?

Are either of them easier to swim out to and access than the other, or both the same distance from shore?

Thanks!

I can only compare inflatables at PB and Sanchos -- they are both far enough out so that the water is deep enough to be safe when someone jumps/dives - suspect water toys at Playa Mia and any other beach club will be about the same. Life vests were available but optional.

Mitsugirly is a frequent poster on these boards who has a photo intensive review of Playa Mia linked in her signature. Not sure if it included water toys - she has a young mermaid daughter. :)

We been to both. Paradise Beach does not require life jackets and it is a quick swim out to the inflatables. Playa Mia does require lifejackets and it is a LONG, deep swim to the inflatables. When we were there they did not tell you that though. Funny story- My husband and I do triathlons so I thought I could handle the swim out to the inflatables on my own. I was so winded when I got out there the man supervising had to help me up on the raft and my bathing suit bottom fell down as I was trying to get up. I finally got up and readjusted my suit and he tells me "Sorry, M'am, life jackets are required out here." So I had to swim all the way back, get a lifejacket, then swim back out!!!

My kids are 11 & 13 now but we visited Playa Mia about 1.5 years ago and have been to Paradise Beach 4 times (but more than 2 years ago) so things may have changed.

We been to both. Paradise Beach does not require life jackets and it is a quick swim out to the inflatables. Playa Mia does require lifejackets and it is a LONG, deep swim to the inflatables. When we were there they did not tell you that though. Funny story- My husband and I do triathlons so I thought I could handle the swim out to the inflatables on my own. I was so winded when I got out there the man supervising had to help me up on the raft and ...

Thank you, FlaMommy for the info!

That is funny on your swim suit story. And I appreciated the fact that you are a triathelete and got winded due to the distance from shore. I see the need for life jackets now.

The 11 year old swims infrequently in a pool, and is Not a very strong swimmer (but thinks he is). We were thinking the one with a life jacket requirement was preferable, but now we are reconsidering.

Question - 1: the inflatables closer to shore at Paradise beach - are they still deep enough for kids jumping from the top of the climbing ones into the water to be safe?

2: from your experience alone between the two beaches - which would you recommend for someone with limited swim skills or endurance. (Paradise sounds closer - not sure if he would still need life jacket or if he would feel out of of place wearing one if the majority of people do not. )

thanks for the feedback !!

Thank you, FlaMommy for the info!

That is funny on your swim suit story. And I appreciated the fact that you are a triathelete and got winded due to the distance from shore. I see the need for life jackets now.

The 11 year old swims infrequently in a pool, and is Not a very strong swimmer (but thinks he is). We were thinking the one with a life jacket requirement was preferable, but now we are reconsidering.

Question - 1: the inflatables closer to shore at Paradise beach - are they still deep enough for kids jumping from the top of the climbing ones into the water to be safe?

2: from your experience alone between the two beaches - which would you recommend for someone with limited swim skills or endurance. (Paradise sounds closer - not sure if he would still need life jacket or if he would feel out of of place wearing one if the majority of people do not. )

thanks for the feedback !!

No problem! Keeping in mind that it has been a couple years since I have been to either and only been to Playa Mia once but Paradise Beach 4 times, I will tell you we preferred Paradise Beach. Maybe it was the tides or weather that particular day we were at Playa Mia but I thought the inflatables were a really long swim out. It is still deep at Paradise Beach, but the swim was not far at all, it just seemed to get deeper quicker there. Still very safe. Also, they still have life jackets and I remember my kids wearing them.

Playa Mia was a lot more expensive than PB. We wanted to try it because it sounded like a lot more amenities, but we didn't think it was worth it. The "water park" at Playa Mia was geared towards very small children, as was the slide. They have a buffet option at Playa Mia but it looked gross to me (it was really hot out and flies were all around it). Paradise Beach was only like $2 a chair or something and we got a bucket of beer, bottled waters, great nachos and guacamole, and quesadilla for less than $50. The pool at PB is big and has loungers that can go right in the water. The last time we were at PB my kids just hung at the beach and pool and we didn't even pay for the inflatables because they didn't feel like it.

Hope this helps :)

... It is still deep at Paradise Beach, but the swim was not far at all, it just seemed to get deeper quicker there. Still very safe. Also, they still have life jackets and I remember my kids wearing them.

Hope this helps :)

FlaMommy - Thank you so much! You have really been helpful. With your feedback, we've decided Paradise Beach is the best fit for us

Thanks again :)