Land and Sea Tour

cruising_rocket_scientist

We will be docking in Key West the last week of March. Some time during the week we would like to do a glass bottom boat tour, and have considered doing it in Key West. HAL has a tour called Key West by Land and by Sea, includes the glass bottom boat and the Old Town Trolley. We've also considered booking something similar through Fury. Has anyone done this tour in key west? Any other suggestions? Our other stops are Grand Turk, Amber Cove and Half Moon Cay, would we be better off trying one of those ports instead? Thanks for your help.

I don't believe the glass bottom boats actually go out to the reef. I would email them and ask. If they do not go to the reef, I would save it for another port. The patch corals and areas away from the reef are pretty underwhelming in my opinion.

Also, visibility here is highly dependent on weather. If it has been windy and seas are churned up, you will not see anything much at all. Maybe wait until much closer to your trip and see what the forecast looks like.