April 13, 2017 Weigh-in

winewanderer

Hello,

Posting in Belle's absence.

I stayed the same. Ok, I'm not gaining......

We had some beautiful Spring weather about 2 weeks ago, even got to 86 degrees one day. Now winter came back. I had to dig out my winter clothing, boots, umbrellas. Ugh.

Hope everyone did well this week.

Diana

I was 218 on the 8th, then had a cheat weekend which got me stuck at 221 all week, from which I just came back down to 219.4 this morning.

It wasn't *that* much of a cheat—and I'm being fully honest with myself here—so I suspect water retention has played a role. I'm still two weeks ahead of schedule, not bad since this is only week 3 of my weight loss effort, but my projection showed 218.8 on Good Friday and I'd really like to meet that goal.

I have two projections: A pretty conservative estimate that I mark on my calendar at the end of each month. And then holidays and special events are marked with a slightly more strenuous goal.

Good Friday 218.8

Memorial day 207

Independence day 197 (or under 200 by my July 7th birthday)

Charlotte Pride Festival 185

Labor Day 181

My September 24 anniversary 177

And then I'd be happy to reach 161 by Thanksgiving and maintain it through the holiday season.

And then the easier projection just puts me at 169 in time for my December 3rd cruise.

Ultimate goal is 130lbs, but I am going to wait until after the cruise to do the 2018 projection.

Other than the sight frustration at my one cheat day causing such a slowdown, I am doing well and feeling motivated.

Trying to drink the recommended amount of water for a human is very difficult. I've never peed so much in my life D: But it does reduce my hunger significantly as long as I drink steadily throughout the day.

Trying to drink the recommended amount of water for a human is very difficult. I've never peed so much in my life D: But it does reduce my hunger significantly as long as I drink steadily throughout the day.

Have you tried to mix it up? I like the Sparkling ICE fizzy flavored waters. They are GREAT and I get water in and it's my 'water treat' Haha:')

I was down .3 lbs today. Was down more yesterday but when logging in an appraisal and prepping it, the owners last name reminded me of a great Mexican place in CO. We haven't had Mexican in a while...sooo off to El Ranchito last night. I think my taste buds did a happy dance in my mouth with the chips and salsa. The food....mehhhhh, Iowa just doesn't do Mexican food right! Only ate half my dinner tho...but gained some weight because of the salty food!

Good luck everyone!

Strophic, looks like your goals are very realistic. We'll be here to support you.

Drinking water....important but if I drank 64 oz. like is recommended I would always be in the restroom. Who has time for that?

Rather I try to drink 24 oz. throughout the day. That works ok.

Aratski, good loss.

Diana

HI all!

Diana ~ thanks for starting the thread. Staying the same is good. I can't drink more than 24 oz of water each day either.

Strophic ~ great goals you have! They look very doable.

I'm down 0.4 lbs so am happy about that. Easter probably will change that as my kids will be here & I'll be making big dinners & some desserts. There might even be chocolate.:o

Happy Easter!

~ Jo ~ :)

Good luck over the holidays, everyone! I don't really celebrate Easter as a religious holiday, so we don't have a big dinner scheduled, but I've been known to overindulge on chocolate. I told my boyfriend to get me some cheap scratchoffs instead of candy this year, Jesus would be proud :P

Thanks for the thread Diana, still maintaining 189-191 with less stringent monitoring of my calories. The 8/16 fasting is still working well for me, as well as no sugar and smaller portions. Fine tuning my eating to "clean up" other things: eliminating lunchmeats with nitrates, more fiber supplements, limiting as much as I can the breads.

Easter dinner will be Benihana's with the kids - I can usually stay pretty healthy there!

Snacking will always be my nemesis, but green apples are my current savior when the gremlins come knocking after dinner.

Water is a tough one, took me a loooong time to get used to lots of water and not much else then tea and coffee - but in Arizona it's critical to just get it down throughout the day.

Great goals! Visualize life at those weights and what comes with it: new clothes, kudos from friends and family, newfound energy, etc. Long journey but your map is clear - congratulations on the honesty and the resolve.

Hey All, great job everyone... As long as your trying and more good days than cheat days.. I am down another 2lbs when I weighed in Thursday at work. Immediately after work I drove down to Baltimore with the wife and two of our grands. Spent today walking and seeing the sights and museums, enough that my other half is not happy with me... She doesn't go to the gym like I do most days... Tomorrow its another long day starting with the National Zoo followed by the Cherry Blossom Festival... I don't think I will be eating healthy but will get my exercise and water in.. Take care all Rob

Hi losers/cruisers!

I didn't weigh in last week as didn't make it to a class but weighed in this week and have lost 2.5... Had been away for a few days and was a little off plan alcohol wise so didn't lose much over the 2 weeks but am full steam ahead now... 4 WEEKS TO GO TIL ALASKA!

Hi losers/cruisers!

I didn't weigh in last week as didn't make it to a class but weighed in this week and have lost 2.5... Had been away for a few days and was a little off plan alcohol wise so didn't lose much over the 2 weeks but am full steam ahead now... 4 WEEKS TO GO TIL ALASKA!

Good job red212fire212. Your on the home stretch..

Happy Easter everyone.

Hubby and I are staying home. A storm is supposed to roll through where we live in CA so want to stay off the roads.

Jo, good loss and have fun with your family.

Shootr, good job maintaining, that is half the battle!

Rob and Red, great losses.

Enjoy your holiday.

Diana

Hello to all. DH and I have B2B2 cruises scheduled for December of this year. Just stated my weight loss journey about two weeks ago. Down about 10lbs. Goal is to loss between one and Two pounds a week from this point on for the next 15 to 16 weeks. From there move into maintenance phase. I am going to the gym, something I have been doing for a few years now.

From reading the thread it looks like you guys weigh in every Thursday. Would like to join in as I could always use encouraging words during my journey. Looking forward to hearing from all of you. Will put a reminder on my calendar to post every Thursday.

Hello to all. DH and I have B2B2 cruises scheduled for December of this year. Just stated my weight loss journey about two weeks ago. Down about 10lbs. Goal is to loss between one and Two pounds a week from this point on for the next 15 to 16 weeks. From there move into maintenance phase. I am going to the gym, something I have been doing for a few years now.

From reading the thread it looks like you guys weigh in every Thursday. Would like to join in as I could always use encouraging words during my journey. Looking forward to hearing from all of you. Will put a reminder on my calendar to post every Thursday.

Welcome to the weekly sign in Goldconnection. You are off to a great start

Wow! everybody is doing so great! Im a little bit jealous! LOL -- my weightloss is basically non existent, but Im down 1.5 inches from my last measurement 3/22. This past "phase" for me hasn't felt productive as previously but going down, even a little, is still in the right direction. Ive done enough yo-yo-ing that im trying to make this last... even if I don't meet my goal by the cruise lol.

Have you all seen this before? This is what I keep trying to keep in mind as my scale doesn't move!

%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

I drink a ton of water every day, I couldn't even tell you how much, and I do pee constantly. But I work from home so I just have to walk across the hall lol. I don't know that I could work in an office and drink so much water!

Didn't get to do my meal planning this past weekend because of all the Easter activities, hopefully I can make it up today otherwise its always interesting what we end up eating all week long with no groceries!

Happy Monday!!

Well congrats Steftacular, losing inches means your definitely going in the right direction.., Your arms certainly look much toner, and from what we can see your face does also.. Remember muscle also burns calories so keep it up...

Well congrats Steftacular, losing inches means your definitely going in the right direction.., Your arms certainly look much toner, and from what we can see your face does also.. Remember muscle also burns calories so keep it up...

Oh that's definitely not me! Just some blogger and her post above went viral lol

but it does help keep things in perspective!

Well yes it does. As you lose weight be it thru exercise or dieting your body will change differently from anyone else's. Either way your still on the right track... I just got home from 50 minutes on the treadmill at the gym...

Stef, losing inches is wonderful. Good job!

Hubby and I had a simple but luscious dinner on Easter. Hope I didn't bust the scale. We roasted a chicken. Brined it first (best way to eat chicken) then coveredt with a rub. Oh man it was good. Made gravy, mashed potatoes, broccoli. MMMMM

Yesterday and today I worked really hard at the gym to makeup for it......

Diana

Stef, losing inches is wonderful. Good job!

Hubby and I had a simple but luscious dinner on Easter. Hope I didn't bust the scale. We roasted a chicken. Brined it first (best way to eat chicken) then coveredt with a rub. Oh man it was good. Made gravy, mashed potatoes, broccoli. MMMMM

Yesterday and today I worked really hard at the gym to makeup for it......

Diana

Nice Diana, If your working hard at the gym your able to eat anything in moderation...That's the best part...I still haven't had any ice cream yet this year saving that for when I cruise.. That will be my reward... What are you giving up if anything ? Rob

Hi Rob,

Haha, I had to laugh. What am I giving up? Ugh, have a hard time giving up anything. I really try to eat whatever I want but less of it. One cookie tastes the same as ten......................

I need my glass of wine with dinner. I like dessert but look for healthier options. I've come to like buying cookies in packs. That way I have a pack which is 100 calories or something.

That mindset though has really helped me on vacation. I either don't gain or gain just a pound or two even over a few weeks.