A Favour Regarding Photos

babs135

Could people stop posting fabulous photos of ships entering the locks please :D DH and I are not due to make the transit until January and the anticipation is becoming almost unbearable ;p

My late mum used to tell me off for 'wishing my life away' but it's hard when you are weak willed and look for photos.

Perhaps I should look for some sort of support group to ease my cravings.

Thank you for taking the time to read the ramblings of someone who probably has too much time on their hands.

(PS: just in case you were wondering-I am joking. Keep the photos coming. I just won't look)

Edited by babs135

There is no way to stop... all the cruise lines pay us big money to post all these pictures in order to keep up a high level of expectation and excitement! The truth is, it is what cruisers do when they aren't cruising. In the future I will try to post only unappealing pictures of the Canal so as not to drive you to further distraction:D! The way I see it, Cruise Critic is cheaper than therapy;).

Do have a great cruise when it finally comes around!!

There is no way to stop... all the cruise lines pay us big money to post all these pictures in order to keep up a high level of expectation and excitement! The truth is, it is what cruisers do when they aren't cruising. In the future I will try to post only unappealing pictures of the Canal so as not to drive you to further distraction:D! The way I see it, Cruise Critic is cheaper than therapy;).

Do have a great cruise when it finally comes around!!

(y)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's something to whet your appetite while you're waiting for your upcoming cruise. We did the partial transit on the Island Princess and enjoyed it immensely. My wife took tons of pictures for her website. If you take a partial cruise, you may be going to some of the same ports of call that we visited on our cruise. If you have time, you may want to take a look at my wife's website at the link below which includes our shore excursions. It may give you an idea of what to expect.

Partial Panama Cruise on the Island Princess

Have a great cruise everyone. It's a wonderful way to travel!

Here's something to whet your appetite while you're waiting for your upcoming cruise. We did the partial transit on the Island Princess and enjoyed it immensely. My wife took tons of pictures for her website. If you take a partial cruise, you may be going to some of the same ports of call that we visited on our cruise. If you have time, you may want to take a look at my wife's website at the link below which includes our shore excursions. It may give you an idea of what to expect.

Partial Panama Cruise on the Island Princess

Have a great cruise everyone. It's a wonderful way to travel!

How cruel of you to publish photos :D Great website and pics. We are doing a full transit and unfortunately will not be visiting any of the ports mentioned so we will have to make our own memories.

How cruel of you to publish photos :D Great website and pics. We are doing a full transit and unfortunately will not be visiting any of the ports mentioned so we will have to make our own memories.

My wife and I did our first full transit in January. If you'd like to torture yourself with more photos, including lots of info on and photos from our ports (some of which may well overlap with yours), here you go:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2456255

Fabulous photos. Curious, do you have a fancy camera? I have a very simple point and shoot which I am happy with but doubt it could take photos the quality of yours.

Thanks for the kind words. I shot most of the photos you saw with a Sony a6000 mirrorless camera. But really, digital camera technology is so sophisticated now, you can get great images in many situations with phones and point and shoots.