Disembarking in Boston for UK passport holders

aquafit

Good morning...We disembark in Boston after a transatlantic from Europe.....Our arrival time is 6am....Does anyone know if we chose to depart at, for example, 8,30am, how long it would take to clear immigration? I realise it's not always the same, but a rough idea would be very helpful, as I'm trying to book a pick-up from the port--The last few times I've arrived in USA by air, and it's always been a 90minute wait to get through after getting off the plane...any help would be great. Thank you.

Good morning...We disembark in Boston after a transatlantic from Europe.....Our arrival time is 6am....Does anyone know if we chose to depart at, for example, 8,30am, how long it would take to clear immigration? I realise it's not always the same, but a rough idea would be very helpful, as I'm trying to book a pick-up from the port--The last few times I've arrived in USA by air, and it's always been a 90minute wait to get through after getting off the plane...any help would be great. Thank you.

It looks like you're arriving on Serenade TA on Sun 9/10 at 6 am and want to spend the day in Boston before flying out at 10 pm. What are your plans for the day that require a pickup at the port? Are you being picked up by a tour guide or by a car service?

As I posted before about my experience arriving on a similar TA (Brilliance 2013), the ship cleared very quickly for everyone regardless of passport origin and I was being picked up at 9 am. The experience was nothing like an arrival from abroad at Logan Airport.

Thanks 138east...We are going to book the Roweswharf luggage storage+taxi to airport, they need us to choose a time, either 9am or 10am...I would like 9am but don't particularly want to disembark at 7am in order to be out in time! I wondered if we chose a late departure time/self disembark of 8,30am we would get through immigration in time....Thank you :)

Thanks 138east...We are going to book the Roweswharf luggage storage+taxi to airport, they need us to choose a time, either 9am or 10am...I would like 9am but don't particularly want to disembark at 7am in order to be out in time! I wondered if we chose a late departure time/self disembark of 8,30am we would get through immigration in time....Thank you :)

The cruise ship pickup is $25/pp and the all day luggage storage is $20/pp. Cab fare to Rowes Wharf at the Boston Harbor hotel should be around $10. So I would forget about the water taxi from Black Falcon to Rowes Wharf and just do the all day luggage storage with airport water taxi so you don't have to worry at all about how long it will take you to disembark. You can get cabs in front of the cruise terminal, but to use the water taxi you will have to schlep your bags to the water taxi dock at the end of the pier, which is a longer schlep than from in front of the Boston Harbor Hotel to the Rowes Wharf dock. You will have peace of mind in case there are any unanticipated disembarkation issues.

Hello again 138 east! I'm a bit confused now...excuse me if I'm being silly, I understood that the RowesWharf place would take our luggage all day, and include the transport to the airport at 6pm.

Are you saying that a better option is available through Royal Carribean? We don't want to do a tour with them,as I plan to shop til I drop in Boston. That is my other question,actually, of how to get from wherever we leave our luggage into the main shopping area(Macys!) is it walkable?

Thanks for taking time to respond,it is appreciated.

The cruise ship pickup is $25/pp and the all day luggage storage is $20/pp. Cab fare to Rowes Wharf at the Boston Harbor hotel should be around $10. So I would forget about the water taxi from Black Falcon to Rowes Wharf and just do the all day luggage storage with airport water taxi so you don't have to worry at all about how long it will take you to disembark. You can get cabs in front of the cruise terminal, but to use the water taxi you will have to schlep your bags to the water taxi dock at the end of the pier, which is a longer schlep than from in front of the Boston Harbor Hotel to the Rowes Wharf dock. You will have peace of mind in case there are any unanticipated disembarkation issues.

The Rowes Wharf plan has nothing to do with Royal Caribbean. Look at http://www.roweswharfwatertransport.com/tickets

The Cruise Ship special ticket is $25 and the luggage storage ticket is $20. Apparently Rowes Wharf water taxi has asked you to select a 9 or 10 am pickup time at Black Falcon and you are concerned about how long it will take you to get off the ship to connect with the pickup.

What I'm saying is to just buy the luggage storage ticket and don't worry about making a specific pickup time at Black Falcon pier. Just get off the ship and take a cab to Rowes Wharf for about $10. It's about the same money but without the constraints of making a specific pickup time. It's also less schlepping of your luggage.

So the plan would be:

1). Disembark

2). Take a cab to Rowes Wharf

3). Store luggage and arrange water taxi time to the airport

4). Walk to Macy's and shop

This is a 10-15 minute walk. Coming out of the Boston Harbor hotel, cross Atlantic Avenue to High St and follow it two blocks to Batterymarch. Make a right and walk 2 streets to Franklin. Make a left and follow Franklin 6 blocks to Arch. Make a left and go 2 blocks to Summer St, which will be Macy's. These streets can be confusing - they are old cow paths - bring a map of downtown Boston.