Where to stay for Brooklyn departure

hbrote

We have a group of three couples sailing in 26 Oct 2017 aboard Regal Princess from Brooklyn. We would like to spend a couple of days in NYC ahead of the cruise. Can anyone suggest where to stay and which airport to fly into? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

You should fly into Laguardia Airport, it's much closer to the city. You're better off staying at a hotel in Manhattan. It would be much more convenient to seeing the sights there.

If you do some research you can find some half decent hotels in Manhattan. What's your budget?

Jonathan

We have a group of three couples sailing in 26 Oct 2017 aboard Regal Princess from Brooklyn. We would like to spend a couple of days in NYC ahead of the cruise. Can anyone suggest where to stay and which airport to fly into? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

It looks like you're doing a repo cruise, so you only need to fly into NY.

Your hotel budget is the big factor. What are the exact dates you will need rooms? What size beds? What are your sightseeing objectives? Can you manage your luggage?

LGA is the closest airport, but JFK or EWR would work if a lower price. You have to look at the total cost of the plane ticket plus the transportation cost to the hotel.

Fly into whichever airport offers the cheapest non-stop flights.

I agree with staying on Manhattan for NYC sightseeing.

If you want to visit Statue of Liberty, Tenement Museum, or go to the theater, book in advance.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I agree with the other posts that a stay in Manhattan would put you in the best position for sightseeing, etc. There are so many choices for your hotel and your budget will help you decide. I also recommend LGA despite the construction going on there. Again your budget will guide you regarding the choice of transportation to the hotel and ship ... Uber, yellow taxi or black car service (Carmel and Dial 7 are popular). Enjoy your stay!

Thanks for the quick replies. We want to arrive on the 23rd and would board the ship the 26th and it is the re-positioning cruise to Fort Lauderdale. Our budget for hotel for two nights should be less than the cruise cost (I hope). Our big thing is to see the 9-11 memorial and visit the statue of liberty.

Thanks for the quick replies. We want to arrive on the 23rd and would board the ship the 26th and it is the re-positioning cruise to Fort Lauderdale. Our budget for hotel for two nights should be less than the cruise cost (I hope). Our big thing is to see the 9-11 memorial and visit the statue of liberty.

We stayed several years ago at the Millennium hotel next to the United Nations building.

It was walking distance to Central Station where we took a short ride to the Word Trade Centre.

That's 3 nights, not two nights. Could you give us your max budget/night? You're looking for 3 rooms/night as well? Are you seniors or AAA members?

I'm seeing the LaQuinta on 32nd St near Herald Square and the Empire State for $230/night for a queen. With taxes this is about $267/night and includes breakfast. Easy access to the subway to go downtown to the SOL and 911 memorial.

If you want to see 9/11 museum which is amazing get tickets online before you go, if you decide to add elevator to top you can wait till that day lines were not long for that. I would not buy Broadway tickets ahead of time, we go every year and see 3 to 5 plays and get half price tickets , saw Glen Close just 2 weeks ago with tickets from TKTS. Get app for TKTS so you can see what shows are discounted , also get Uber app which is very handy for getting around