Help with Suva

Help with SUVA needed. I have started researching this port and I am struggling (nothing new with this cruise)!

Are there any nice beaches close to port that we could spend the day at and is transport easy. If the answer is in the negative has anyone done either of the two resorts (Uprising or Pearl)expensively offered by the cruise line (Royal)? If you have what did you think?

Thanking everyone for the information

What other ports are you struggling with?

The ports are all sorted except Suva was the last one to be planned as it appeared to be the most difficult. It is the whole trip that was causing brain overload. Hong Kong 3 day stay then Sydney 3 day stay, the cruise, another overnight stay in Sydney, then Flying onto to Kuala Lumpur for 3 days before returning to London. Suva was the last piece of the jigsaw.

Thank you all

Jo

The ports are all sorted except Suva was the last one to be planned as it appeared to be the most difficult. It is the whole trip that was causing brain overload. Hong Kong 3 day stay then Sydney 3 day stay, the cruise, another overnight stay in Sydney, then Flying onto to Kuala Lumpur for 3 days before returning to London. Suva was the last piece of the jigsaw.

Thank you all

Jo

Jo, no worries, we are all here to help. Re Suva, been here a couple of times, I am sure the ship will do some resort/beach shorex. Otherwise the town is interesting, bit run down, but some historical stuff. Above all, Enjoy !!

Thank you all

Jo

You are very wise to break your journey in SE Asia. The flight between London and Sydney is LONG!

I went to Suva Nov last year off RCI. Had Jewel of Fiji booked in for my family of 5. The tour pick you up from port and you spend whole day out at Navua river, beautiful. There are river rapids and waterfalls. You get to swim. You also visit local village and they cook lovo lunch for you. We absolutely loved it, was highlight of fiji.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the jewel of Fiji tour also in Suva and it was probably the highlight of our cruise. You can book direct for about half the cost (I think it may have been discover Fiji). We actually booked with them two years ago and didn't make it due to a cyclone. They had already refunded our money before we had even had a chance to email them

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been to both resorts and neither is that great. The Uprising is more of a backpacker place but the beach was better than the Pearl. It's certainly not a tropical picture perfect beach though. The pool is slightly better at the Pearl. But it's a boring drive out to both of them in uncomfortable buses.