RCI cruise and on board account

If my NZ cruise starts and ends out of Sydney then would I be safe to assume that my OBA would be in AUS dollars unless otherwise requested?

the currency onboard is USD so your OBC is USD so when you get your final accoun it'll be in USD

Edited by rkmw

I called Princess and they advised because the cruise originates out of Sydney, the OBA will be in AUS dollars not USA. Doesn't matter if I booked with US travel agent or not. I am thinking that RCI will be the same but I will be checking with them directly. You can opt to change it to USD if you would like which I do not because the exchange is so poor right now so CAN to AUS is much better exchange rate. All my OBC that I received the the US travel agent will also be in AUS dollars :)

I called Princess and they advised because the cruise originates out of Sydney, the OBA will be in AUS dollars not USA. Doesn't matter if I booked with US travel agent or not. I am thinking that RCI will be the same but I will be checking with them directly. You can opt to change it to USD if you would like which I do not because the exchange is so poor right now so CAN to AUS is much better exchange rate. All my OBC that I received the the US travel agent will also be in AUS dollars :)

not sure why you would ring Princess when your talking about an RCI cruise but as its been quoted everything will be in USD including OBC

Princess ships that cruise here for half the year, has been Diamond/Golden/Emerald and soon to be Majestic change to AUD while here.

RCI has always been USD when they are here, for you and for us.

Princess and Carnival use AUD as the on board currency when doing cruises out of Australia and NZ but RCI is always USD.