Cunard late disembarkation?

riseley

Having enjoyed late disembarkation offers aboard Azamara and Celebrity prior to flights home I wondered if Cunard ever offer similar. I only ask because 5 hours at Rome airport is not my idea of fun and I cannot find any mention on the Cunard site.

No, Cunard needs to clear their ships because staterooms have to be ready for embarking passengers. You'll be off the ship by mid-morning at the latest. Depending how many passengers are disembarking they may offer a "killing time" tour that ends up at the airport. Are you already booked and do you see anything in your Voyage Personalizer? Failing that, is it possible to get a hotel room for a few hours just to have a comfortable place to relax?

It's a dilemma everyone with afternoon or evening flights has. What to do when you don't have enough time to tour but have too much time to sit at an airport.

Have you booked this a fly cruise package with Cunard ?

Things work differently on the Mediterranean fly cruises as not all passengers embark and disembark on the same day. I haven't done this recently but when we had a late flight back from Venice our Cunard arranged transfer was early afternoon. We had to leave our cabins but we had time for a few hours in the city before lunch in the Lido.

I had been wondering the same thing. We're on v715 and our flight doesnt leave Rome until 5.45pm, which left the prospect of six or seven hours with kids at the airport.

When would we find out if there was a "killing time" tour?

It's worse when Cunard fail to tell you that you will be jet lagged and arrive at a hotel where you cannot access your room until 3pm! We had to pay for an upgrade to enable us to get some sleep before exploring Singapore. We didn't know as we had booked a package with a few days in Singapore. Cost us but well worth it for the upgrade.

It's worse when Cunard fail to tell you that you will be jet lagged and arrive at a hotel where you cannot access your room until 3pm! We had to pay for an upgrade to enable us to get some sleep before exploring Singapore. We didn't know as we had booked a package with a few days in Singapore. Cost us but well worth it for the upgrade.

Assuming you're not saying Cunard are in the dog house for not telling you, you'll experience jet lag, in my experience, it's the rare hotel [frequent stay excepted] which facilitates room access before 2/3pm. If we know we're going to arrive early, we book the room for the night before. Alternatively, check in and have your luggage safely stored, quick refresh in the public restroom and go and explore.

I can only go by my experience. On the QE In Athens our flight was in the afternoon - I think the ship overnights there so though we had to be out of our room we were able to stay onboard till transferred so we would book in 3 hrs before the flight as is usual practice in Europe. On the QM2 - our direct transfer to the airport was via a tour of the city, stop offs for photos and lunch near one of the big department store. I didn't get the sense of being rushed off as I do at Southampton.

I'm surprised that a Singapore hotel has such a late access time.

My last two stays, both at the Marina Bay Sands, gave us access to our 'club' rooms before midday.

But we did book direct with the hotel on their 'Guarantee' cheapest rate.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback guys.It would appear that Cunard require a total clearance of the vessel prior to refill! The experience of waiting a few hours onboard whilst newbies arrive can sometimes be a depressing experience anyhow.