Check your Guest Booking Invoices !

Early June, Royal Caribbean emailed me an "unrequested" copy of our Guest Booking Invoice for a cruise in April next year, this cruise was booked and invoiced onboard Explorer of the Seas last November... only booked onboard for the bonus OBC as you do ;):cool:...

Low and behold on checking this invoice it appears the total price has been re-fared and is now $1700.00 more than the original invoice and...... the US$200 OBC is nowhere to be seen........however a $50 OBC, an overcharge from the last cruise that I requested be added to the booking rather than refunded to us, is still there....!!!!

Have sent 2 emails to RCL and nothing so far, other than 2 "you are important to us" replies :rolleyes: yesterday I sent an email to the Crown and Anchor Society who have been great in the past resolving issues so hopefully all will be fixed up soon.......I did speak to the Call Centre whom in their infinite wisdom told me I would need to have proof for them to consider doing anything ....bollocks.... :mad:

so please always double check any cruise line, not just RCL, guest booking invoice's be it the original and/or any extra's they send....;)

I added a crown and anchor number to a booking once, and as a result it removed a sale benefit and re priced the entire cruise. It ended up about $3000 more expensive.

I phoned RCI and they were able to rectify it, and sent me a new invoice via email with the original pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I added a crown and anchor number to a booking once, and as a result it removed a sale benefit and re priced the entire cruise. It ended up about $3000 more expensive.

I phoned RCI and they were able to rectify it, and sent me a new invoice via email with the original pricing.

Goodness, you would think adding the loyalty number would add benefits and lower prices rather than the other way around.

Goodness, you would think adding the loyalty number would add benefits and lower prices rather than the other way around.

You would think! Or at the very least, just you know, add the membership number and nothing else.

RCI and their website, gotta love it.

RCI and their website, gotta love it.

You aren't wrong so many people are experiencing problems, my new fare is higher than our cruise buddies who booked with us, they booked balcony we booked inside :'):'):'):') i haven't done anything with the personaliser yet so can't take the blame ;p;)

Bravo... Crown and Anchor Society....our booking is all fixed...yay.... Guess after 10 years of no problems with our bookings it was our turn to have the system hissy fit one of them....;p;p ;):cool::cool:

Bravo... Crown and Anchor Society....our booking is all fixed...yay.... Guess after 10 years of no problems with our bookings it was our turn to have the system hissy fit one of them....;p;p ;):cool::cool:

Ahh good work :-)

Glad it has been fixed for your booking.

That makes sense now. I once made my final payment for my cruise and then later added my C & A numbers and then my booking showed I owed another $150 or something. I rang them up and they fixed it but I couldn't believe it could change after being fully paid for and showing $0 balance.

Anyway moral of story: it seems less loyal passengers get better prices than C& A members. I suppose they know I'm loyal anyway and dont have to woo me.

From 2015

How to book a Royal Caribbean Cruise in 29 (not so) easy steps

1. Buy an NextCruise Decide Later certificate whist on a RCI cruise in February 2013 to take advantage of the OBC offered.

2. Spend months watching prices trying to find an affordable cruise out of the UK in July or August 2015.

3. Find a cruise for just over $150/person/night for an inside cabin and decide to book it because even though it's more than you pay for an Australian cruise it's the cheapest one you've seen in your months of searching.

4. Ring Royal Caribbean and wait on hold.

5. Speak to a cruise consultant who tries to charge you more than the price showing on the Internet.

6. Believe them when they say the invoice they are emailing you with an incorrect higher price will be rectified within a few days.

7. Wait nearly two weeks.

8. Ring Royal Caribbean and spend over 40 minutes on the phone, much if it waiting on hold.

9. Explain the problem and they email you a corrected invoice.

10. Whilst on the phone ask about booking an additional cabin for your in-laws so that they can also get the same OBC as you only to be told it's not possible.

11. Two days later check the fine print on the certificate and discover you can book up to 3 cabins with each one receiving the OBC.

12. Ring RCI and ask again about booking an additional cabin and read them the fine print from the certificate.

13. Wait on hold while the consultant checks with the supervisor.

14. Complete a separate booking for your in-laws, but linked to your booking so they get the OBC as well.

15. The following day receive an updated invoice over $600 higher than the previous (corrected) one.

16. Email cruiseadmin.au@rcclapac.com with all the details and receive no response

17. Ring RCI again and spend over 50 minutes on the phone, much of it on hold.

18. Email the consultant a copy of the correct invoice (version 2) as requested and wait on hold while he checks with his supervisor.

19. Be told that it will take up to 24hours to correct the problem.

20. Get upset at this and ask to speak to the supervisor.

21. Loose your cool with the jumped up little so and so of a supervisor who insists that he can't fix the problem then and there, can't transfer you to anyone else but promises to ring you back with a resolution within 24 hours. The supervisor refuses to give you his full name he goes under "Martin A."

22. The following day Explain to DW that you're worried that Martin A. must be sick because he'd promised to call back within 24hours.

23. Spend the next week worried that Martin A. is seriously ill or has met with an accident because he hasn't called.

24. Ring RCI and ask to speak to Martin A. only to be told that he hasn't come in yet. Ask if he's sick and learn that, no, he was in yesterday.

25. Ask to speak to a supervisor.

26. Showing great self control, explain the whole saga all over again, remaining calm and polite yet firm throughout the conversation.

27. Wait on hold, yet again.

28. Finally be told that RCI are issuing a corrected invoice.

29. Receive the corrected invoice by email.

I can only hope that this is the end of the saga. Whilst I love cruising with RCI, their booking process is an absolute joke. It's enough to make me consider going back to using a travel agent rather than booking direct!

It all worked out in the end and we even received a free upgrade from our inside cabin to an aft balcony! :D

From 2015

It all worked out in the end and we even received a free upgrade from our inside cabin to an aft balcony! :D

The system is so touchy makes one nervous now to even log on to one's personaliser..:'):')

Must say I admire your patience, I would have bailed around number 7 ;p;p good to hear of the upgrade.

I laughed when the call centre told me I would have to prove the error...hellllooooooooooo it's your job to investigate complaints not mine.....I have the original invoice pretty sure if they bothered to check the booking history they would have seen the error.......C&A obviously did :rolleyes:

Haha that's a great list. At least it worked out in the end.

When I spoke to RCI about my C&A number / price change issue the agent actually intimated that I had added the number to try and get the balcony booking discount - which wasn't true.

I let it slide in the face of getting the invoice error fixed.

HMM, it seems a very convoluted process, use a good TA instead.

I think you suggested that back in 2015 when I had the issue, Mic.

I'd never connected the dots before today but I wonder if there is some connection with my booking debacle and the upgrade from an inside cabin to a balcony. :confused: Someone posted on the RCI Board about getting special treatment onboard after they had complained about the fee for room service being introduced after they had booked.

I think you suggested that back in 2015 when I had the issue, Mic.

I'd never connected the dots before today but I wonder if there is some connection with my booking debacle and the upgrade from an inside cabin to a balcony. :confused: Someone posted on the RCI Board about getting special treatment onboard after they had complained about the fee for room service being introduced after they had booked.

It is quite possible, a good TA will do all that running around for you and still get you a better deal than what you can get directly.

As for the upgrade, I am not surprised they provided some Good will with your booking to helps smooth the bumps.

Guess one should never say it's fixed till you sight the corrected invoice....addressing my problem C&A emailed me the invoice amount as per the original booking plus the USD250 OBC attached which I agreed was correct ...too easy (y) ........ but..... some how the amount got lost in translation from them to where ever they go because today I received the new invoice and.....wait for it.............the price went up :'):'):') it's now $2577.46 more than the original invoice with only USD200 attached USD50 has gone AWOL.........;p:')

Guess one should never say it's fixed till you sight the corrected invoice....addressing my problem C&A emailed me the invoice amount as per the original booking plus the USD250 OBC attached which I agreed was correct ...too easy (y) ........ but..... some how the amount got lost in translation from them to where ever they go because today I received the new invoice and.....wait for it.............the price went up :') it's now $2577.46 more than the original invoice with only USD200 attached USD50 has gone AWOL.........:')

Back to square one.:(

Guess one should never say it's fixed till you sight the corrected invoice....addressing my problem C&A emailed me the invoice amount as per the original booking plus the USD250 OBC attached which I agreed was correct ...too easy ........ but..... some how the amount got lost in translation from them to where ever they go because today I received the new invoice and.....wait for it.............the price went up :') it's now $2577.46 more than the original invoice with only USD200 attached USD50 has gone AWOL.........;p:')

Geez, what a pain!!

I have gone back to booking Royal with a TA since our $$ dropped, had used a US TA previously and direct.

Just have to be aware of the particular TA cancellation policies etc.

Just cancelled our March cruise, booked direct and the money was back in the account within 5 days:D thats really good now.

So next two are booked with an OZ TA, OBC, very low deposit, non refundable, but surprisingly the final payment date is the same as Royals:D

A lot of people on the main RCI board are having similar issues and it's all being blamed on their useless website and tech support. Cruises are changing prices overnight it seems.

I still book direct with RCI in the US since we have a US address and they seem to be able to fix any issues I've had so far.

Hopefully someone will be able to sort it all out for you!

Geez, what a pain!!

So next two are booked with an OZ TA, OBC, very low deposit, non refundable, but surprisingly the final payment date is the same as Royals

Hey Chez, can't blame you for swapping over, thinking of binning this reservation now, subscribe to the theory if it starts wrong it's going to keep going wrong, can't imagine transferring the booking will be easy with this one ;p:'):')

I still book direct with RCI in the US since we have a US address and they seem to be able to fix any issues I've had so far.

Hopefully someone will be able to sort it all out for you!

We still use our US agents for international cruising, bit sad you don't see the pricing that we got the Mariners repo from Bcn to Dxb for anymore though it was a steal ;) Local cruises I book here, keeps everyone happy.....

HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE: Just got back from rehearsing new songs and I received 2 emails from C&A just 65 minutes after I sent a "not happy" email this morning.... the booking is BACK to the original pricing and all OBC is accounted for.........and they actually sent the amended invoice with the apology ...... .hallelujah :'):')

HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE: Just got back from rehearsing new songs and I received 2 emails from C&A just 65 minutes after I sent a "not happy" email this morning.... the booking is BACK to the original pricing and all OBC is accounted for.........and they actually sent the amended invoice with the apology ...... .hallelujah :'):')

Yay yippee.....now dont touch that booking:')

and yep, I have a different system for each cruise line;p

Hey Chez, can't blame you for swapping over, thinking of binning this reservation now, subscribe to the theory if it starts wrong it's going to keep going wrong, can't imagine transferring the booking will be easy with this one

We still use our US agents for international cruising, bit sad you don't see the pricing that we got the Mariners repo from Bcn to Dxb for anymore though it was a steal Local cruises I book here, keeps everyone happy.....

HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE: Just got back from rehearsing new songs and I received 2 emails from C&A just 65 minutes after I sent a "not happy" email this morning.... the booking is BACK to the original pricing and all OBC is accounted for.........and they actually sent the amended invoice with the apology ...... .hallelujah :')

Congrats, and with the paperwork to back it up, hopefully that is the end of it.:D