Shampoo & conditioner

luv_cruisin33

The ship provides shampoo, conditioner,shower gel and small leaf shaped soap. It used to be L'Occitane but now they are using Algotherm products which is the brand used in the spa. The shampoo, conditioner and gel are dispensed from a unit on the shower wall. The hand lotion was a small L'Occitane bottle. The ship installed these units while in dry dock. I know it will save money and is more ecological but the brand is not pleasing in scent for me.

I've found little use for body lotion in this climate, but it's true you will be in and out of the water and shower a lot. I would bring body lotion if your skin really needs it. Don't know about these new dispensers--I guess they are designed to be ecologically sound since this is one of the company's big initiatives. Haven't tried the shampoo yet. Easy enough to buy a trial size bottle of Herbal Essence, I often bring this type of bottle on trips like this.

I will take my own products. Dont want to find out the hard way. I usually use L'Occitaine or Fragonard soap anyway. Am allergic to a lot of stuff.

I love the L'Occitaine soaps--I bring them home from cruises when I can, and that lovely square bar lasts for a long time!

In general I'm good with whatever good quality products the ship provides.

I love the L'Occitaine soaps--I bring them home from cruises when I can, and that lovely square bar lasts for a long time!

In general I'm good with whatever good quality products the ship provides.

The L'Occitaine store has larger sizes and a bigger variety. There are a few in Toronto. French milled soap lasts a long time.

I've found little use for body lotion in this climate, but it's true you will be in and out of the water and shower a lot. I would bring body lotion if your skin really needs it. Don't know about these new dispensers--I guess they are designed to be ecologically sound since this is one of the company's big initiatives. Haven't tried the shampoo yet. Easy enough to buy a trial size bottle of Herbal Essence, I often bring this type of bottle on trips like this.

Usually shampoo in dispensers is not that great...

Usually shampoo in dispensers is not that great...

Yes, but I've been assured that it is a good quality product. And that this is being done for ecological reasons, not to save money. So I think we should wait for some reports on it, before judging it. I will be trying it in October, for sure.

Yes, but I've been assured that it is a good quality product. And that this is being done for ecological reasons, not to save money. So I think we should wait for some reports on it, before judging it. I will be trying it in October, for sure.

I will try it as well. However will take our own just in case. Also taking my L'Occitaine soap!

I will try it as well. However will take our own just in case. Also taking my L'Occitaine soap!

The L'Occitaine store in my city closed! Luckily I have about a hundred shampoos and conditioners left over from all my trips!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's good to know, Emdee. Any particular stores? I live downtown, btw.

There is one in the TD centre and used to be one around Bloor. Join their club and they will send you offers. Also there are stores in US outlet malls and you can buy online as well.

There is one in the TD centre and used to be one around Bloor. Join their club and they will send you offers. Also there are stores in US outlet malls and you can buy online as well.

But the ship isn't carrying this kind anymore from what I've heard???!!!

:'):'):') I actually have never heard of that brand! I'm from Ohio Cruising PG for the first time in EIGHT DAYS...OMG!!!!!

L'Occitaine de Provence is a French brand of soaps, lotions, shampoos and facial creams and moisturizers. It has been popular around the world for a number of years and you can find them in hotel chains like the Sofitel and some cruise lines. I think the product is getting out of fashion as many cruiselines have replaced it with Bvlgari or Lelabo products. However, I still like it and use their soaps every day.

Dont mind us as we go way back and like to reminisce about how it was!

So they changed out most of the L'Occitaine while in drydock? Good to know! My sister and I love the line, but not the same fragrance. When we travel together, our cabin looks like a small L'Occitaine pop up store. I agree, for girl props, you;ve got to bring your own.

So they changed out most of the L'Occitaine while in drydock? Good to know! My sister and I love the line, but not the same fragrance. When we travel together, our cabin looks like a small L'Occitaine pop up store. I agree, for girl props, you;ve got to bring your own.

I'm going to have to try this brand...never heard of it, but seems everyone loves it!