Fee to see Show

As far as other posts are concerned, I personally think it is rather foolish to try something before judging it. If you cannot judge something in advance and determine that it is not for you, it just proves that you lack insight, intuition and the ability to make judgement calls.

Well I personally have been pleasantly surprised numerous times when I have wrongly judged something before even trying it. To find in all actuality the product, service or person was not as I had judged.

So I don't make my thoughts and opinions known about something until I have tried it.

But hey, that's just me [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am interested to know when the Sterling Steak House was free.

My first Princess cruise was 10 years ago and it was a paid restaurant........but more importantly, I thought this was a riddle......".I personally think it is rather foolish to try something before judging it."

I was never good at riddles:')

My first Princess cruise was 10 years ago and it was a paid restaurant........but more importantly, I thought this was a riddle......".I personally think it is rather foolish to try something before judging it."

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

...I thought this was a riddle......".I personally think it is rather foolish to try something before judging it."

Is that really what the multi-faceted poster wrote:') Just confirms my decision to add all his screen characters to 'ignore list' was correct.

Like others, I am happy for extras, over & above the usual inclusions covered by the cruise fare, to be opt in & pay for use. Keep the fares down and then only pay extras if that's what you want. Best of both worlds.

*Judge not or be Judged.

*The least amount of judging we can do, the better off we are.

*Denying, rejecting, judging or hiding from any aspect of your cruise experience creates pain and results in a lack of cruise wholeness.

*Judge not or be Judged.

*The least amount of judging we can do, the better off we are.

*Denying, rejecting, judging or hiding from any aspect of your cruise experience creates pain and results in a lack of cruise wholeness.

Gawd....is that another riddle:eek: I need another Pinot Noir

Gawd....is that another riddle:eek: I need another Pinot Noir

Love that kind of talk Chez. A pinot a day keeps the doctor away.:p You have to take the whole bottle of course.

My main issue with P&O is the pay extra for burgers, room service, just the little things that are convenient.

The only burger I've eaten on a cruise ship is RCI Voyager Johnny Rockets which also has a fee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only burger I've eaten on a cruise ship is RCI Voyager Johnny Rockets which also has a fee.

Would be good though, the Americans make a nice burger, but alas no beetroot !!:loudcry:

Princess Lido Grill is free, pretty basic, they do a BBQ now and then. Just convenient if you are by the pool or dont feel like going to the restaurant or buffet.

Guys Burger joint on the Spirit was so good!! Free, but I am surprised there was not a charge as it was so good!! and I am not the burger/fries fan in our family haha! but hubby, son and Grandson loved it!

There is also Fat Jimmys grill on a higher deck that did different sausages, roasted veges, chicken, really nice and free too.

I am not sure that P&O grill would be better than these, and for a fee.

At the Princess grill (no charge) we like the pies & chips or the kebabs. They do a great kebab.:) However, their burgers at the grill are woeful. They have a bun, a meat patty, a slice of tomato, a bit of lettuce and some onion. Sauce is available. We only tried them once.:(

It was free on the maiden season of the Sapphire Princess based out of Sydney in January 2005. It was one of the four main alternative restaurants back then along with the Pacific Moon, Santa Fe and the other two. All four any time dining restaurants had a different style menu that you could try each night in a different restaurant. By the time Sapphire Princess had moved to Alaska in the same year the Sterling Steakhouse was relocated to the Horizon Court and had a fee added.

Well I personally have been pleasantly surprised numerous times when I have wrongly judged something before even trying it. To find in all actuality the product, service or person was not as I had judged.

So I don't make my thoughts and opinions known about something until I have tried it.

But hey, that's just me [emoji3]

For me I have perception and intuition and I know how to judge things in advance.

I can tell you two 100% honest truths about what I can pre judge. I do not like Disney and have no intention to cruise with children and families in excess. I know in advance I will not like their style, I have no intention of cruising with them and I am 100% certain I would have a bad cruise experience if I did sail with them. Going even further I would not sail with them even if it were for free.

Truth number 2, I will never sail with Costa, I am not interested in their style, the European languages or cruises where you pick and chose your embarkation and departure port. I am 100% certain that I would not enjoy a cruise with them and certainly would not accept a free cruise off them and would not accept anyone else paying me to cruise with them.

I found an article online from 2001 about the Sea Princess with the new Sterling Steakhouse having an $8 cover charge. So it must have been prior to then.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was free on the maiden season of the Sapphire Princess based out of Sydney in January 2005. It was one of the four main alternative restaurants back then along with the Pacific Moon, Santa Fe and the other two. All four any time dining restaurants had a different style menu that you could try each night in a different restaurant. By the time Sapphire Princess had moved to Alaska in the same year the Sterling Steakhouse was relocated to the Horizon Court and had a fee added.

So it seems it was more of a different MDR, like RCL recently tried on Quantum class (and abandoned, like Princess did). This is also backed up in this thread (where it does mention there was a separate "speciality" restaurant - Sabatini's). http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=35357

So not really a free speciality restaurant, just a different way of doing main dining.

So it seems it was more of a different MDR, like RCL recently tried on Quantum class (and abandoned, like Princess did). This is also backed up in this thread (where it does mention there was a separate "speciality" restaurant - Sabatini's). http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=35357

So not really a free speciality restaurant, just a different way of doing main dining.

It was never a specialty restaurant that began charging.

The Sapphire/Diamond have 4 separate anytime dining restaurants, Savoy, Pacific Moon, Santa Fe and Vivaldi. They had individual menus that served different cuisine. The Savoy was called Sterlings.

When they changed these restaurants to start serving the MDR menu, they took the Sterling's brand and made the Sterling Steakhouse for a fee at the rear of the Horizon court (like Sea/Sun) and changed the name of the Anytime restaurant to Savoy.

Here is the menu of the four restaurants back in 2005, you can see that the then Sterlings is a very limited menu, unlike the Sterlings Steakhouse now.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=158113

and if you read through the posts you will see they are not the same thing as per the discussion

It was never a specialty restaurant that began charging.

The Sapphire/Diamond have 4 separate anytime dining restaurants, Savoy, Pacific Moon, Santa Fe and Vivaldi. They had individual menus that served different cuisine. The Savoy was called Sterlings.

When they changed these restaurants to start serving the MDR menu, they took the Sterling's brand and made the Sterling Steakhouse for a fee at the rear of the Horizon court (like Sea/Sun) and changed the name of the Anytime restaurant to Savoy.

Here is the menu of the four restaurants back in 2005, you can see that the then Sterlings is a very limited menu, unlike the Sterlings Steakhouse now.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=158113

and if you read through the posts you will see they are not the same thing as per the discussion

Thanks. :) That explains things. I was sure there was a charge for the Sterling Steakhouse from our first Princess cruise.