14 Day Land Explorer May 22 - June 5 Review

crazytomatoes

Love your food pictures.

You were fortunate to be the only couple doing the renewal of vows ceremony. Made it very nice for all of you -- no sharing of the cake and champagne.

I agree, it really was special that it was just us and our family.

I was going to post about Sitka next but I realized that it would be our of order. The next day on our journey was in fact the Beautiful Hubbard Glacier. We have been to the Hubbard Glacier on all four of our Alaska Cruises and it didn't disappoint this time. The Glacier is stunning and pictures cannot express how incredibly majestic it is when you are there in person. Please enjoy a few Hubbard Glacier photos.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Sitka was our next port and it really was one of our favourite ports. We chose to take a shuttle tour that stopped at both the Raptor Centre and Fortress of the Bear. Both centres were great but we adored Fortress of the Bear. To get the opportunity to observe these bears as the interacted with each other was fantastic. Please enjoy the photos

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

The next day was spent at Sea and we took full advantage of some relaxation time to do some reading. We enjoyed sitting out on the Promenade deck wrapped up in a few blankets with a mug full of steaming hot coffee with a splash of baileys.

Victoria was our next stop. I actually enjoyed Victoria more than I thought I would. I have visited Victoria in the past years ago, but I had forgotten how pretty a city it is.

enhance

enhance

enhance

After walking around for a few hours we headed back to the ship. We had some packing to do as our journey was almost over.

Disembarking in Seattle was a breeze. We chose to self disembark as we were travelling home by car and wanted to hit the road as soon as we could. We were driving from Seattle to our home in Alberta and we would have at least a 14 hour day ahead of us. We walked off as soon as we were given the go ahead. We jumped on the shuttle and went to our car. We were on the road in no time at all. Our journey home was fairly uneventful and we were glad to be home and sleep in our own bed once again. It is always fun to go away but there is nothing like crawling in your own bed!!