Koningsdam Adults Only Retreat Question

KT4209

I have searched for an answer on both Cruise Critic and HAL's website, but haven't been able to find one:

Is there a charge to use Retreat deck space if not renting a cabana? If so, what is the charge per day or per cruise? We just booked the 10-day Southern Caribbean Seafarer on November 19th. My husband and I enjoy the quiet open deck but aren't really interested in a cabana.

Thank you, in advance, to any who can answer. 144 days until :ship::D:cool:

The entire area is only for those who are renting a cabana, and it is not adults-only. For prices of the cabanas see http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Cabanas.pdf

AFAIK prices have not increased this year.

Thanks very much. Good to know the area is not adults-only as is being touted on some cruise websites.

Thanks very much. Good to know the area is not adults-only as is being touted on some cruise websites.

Not only that, but two of the cabanas are family cabanas. While you may encounter a family that's only adults, there's a pretty decent chance that you'll encounter some children. In our four times renting a cabana, there were never any unruly kids.

You may have some children on your cruise because it's over the Thanksgiving holiday, but HAL's not really ever teeming with kids on the voyages longer than a week.

If The Retreat space was used for no charge it would cease to be a retreat. Plus there's the off-chance I'd be a little bit grouchy if I was paying and someone else was not. ;)

The OP may have cruised on Carnival which offers a Serenity Deck for free for its adult passengers. On all the Carnival ships I have been on, the Serenity Deck has been a nice area in the aft with cushioned loungers, semi-enclosed loungers-for-two, hot tubs, etc. It really is a quiet area and nobody under the age of 18 is allowed.