Las Caletas or Rhythm of the Night

WaggesAZ

Same place...but totally different experience. So if you want a beach day.....take the Las Caletas excursion. Rhythms of the Night is about dinner and a decent cultural show. But its also very special being in that isolated area.......at night time....with lots of candle light.

Hank

The ship leaves port at 8pm and the sunset is around 8:30 when we visit, so I am concerned it may not be that special or romantic in feel for Rhythm. I was hoping we could do both even if we'd be tired, we have 2 days at sea to get rest. Thanks for your feedback!

The ship leaves port at 8pm and the sunset is around 8:30 when we visit, so I am concerned it may not be that special or romantic in feel for Rhythm. I was hoping we could do both even if we'd be tired, we have 2 days at sea to get rest. Thanks for your feedback!

To me it seems impossible to do Rhytm when your ship sails at 8 pm. Unless the ship offers this, so they will wait for your return. We came back much later.

LOL you did fail to mention the 8pm departure on your first post. Ine tells it like it is :).

Hank

Lol this was what I told my sister in law who was dead set on Rhythms... I told her to google what time was sunset on the day were there. Her response was... so.. interested in a Rhythms of the Late Afternoon?? Hahaha If the sun isnt cooperating Las Caleta is always great fun.

They ship is offering both but I thought the experience of Rhythm maybe lost since the sun doesn't set until we sail away. Thanks for the responses.

Edited by WaggesAZ
Mistyped

We decided to pass on Rhythms too because the ship leaves at 8pm ship time. Now, i have no idea what time that will be in PV time on Carnival? Another factor was hearing that its a hot, humid, buggy jungle in July---nope, not gonna waste my cash on that! I may not even get off the boat in PV on July 12th...lol

I did the Rhythms of the Night when the Pacific Princess had an overnight stay a few years ago and loved it. I don't think you would get the same experience if it wasn't dark, arriving on the island only lit by candles was magical. The buffet dinner was great :)

I'm not a beach person but plan on going back next time to visit during the day.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks so much KroozNut and KristyMist! For whatever the reason, Las Caletas is still not showing as an excursion that is offered on our sailing!! :o:eek::confused: Hoping that changes soon!

We purchased our day trip from Vallarta Adventures. They were totally awesome.

http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/tours/las-caletas-day-trip

We purchased our day trip from Vallarta Adventures. They were totally awesome.

http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/tours/las-caletas-day-trip

Our port time is 8am and we have FTTF so we can be off the ship quickly, but their sailing is at 8am to Las Caletas. I am hesitant to book and miss the catamaran. There is an 11:30 but it says sold out, so I am hopeful that the cruise line just hasn't released the excursion. It's the same price through the cruise line but if you buy direct through Vallarta on their site, you do get a slight discount. Who did you sail with?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We would like to do the Rhythm of the night. We are there in January, wonder if it will be dark? We also leave at 8 pm. It says sun sets at 6:37 pm. They are in central time zone....so it will depend what time the ship is on, won't it?