The New Princess Luxury Bed

DeRon

Hi Harpcat. We were told we were one of the first to order the bed and bedding package. It was ordered on Jan 28th and our credit card was charged that day. We received the mattress and box spring on April 6th. We were told that the bedding was on backorder and would be sent later. The bedding arrived on June 20th. The company handling the order was as perplexed as we were as how long it was taking. Princess Cruise Lines is not involved in this process. At first they had no idea were the beds were, problems with the shipper. After the bed arrived and we were waiting for the bedding they kept us informed on a regular basis-again a shipper problem. They offered to cancel at any time and credit our card. All that being said, the bed and bedding was worth the wait. We love it and I feel it is the same quality as what we experienced on ship. Have patience, not my strong suit. ;p

Thanks so much for the reply Viktor. I'm glad you finally received and really like the bed. I'm going to order it today and by the way...I'm not a patient person either, so I take your advice!!

Just returned from Coral Princess cruise to Alaska 6/17-6/24 201, in B236, a balcony. The bed was horrible!! It was like a very soft hammock very well slept in. We had 2 twins made as a queen. 1 side was a very depressed hammock the other a bit more even. Very soft. Abysmal. I would not think we had new beds. Decor was also old and black out part of curtains well worn on the seams with break through light along pleat lines. We enjoyed the cruise despite the bed.

Just returned from Coral Princess cruise to Alaska 6/17-6/24 201, in B236, a balcony. The bed was horrible!! It was like a very soft hammock very well slept in. We had 2 twins made as a queen. 1 side was a very depressed hammock the other a bit more even. Very soft. Abysmal. I would not think we had new beds. Decor was also old and black out part of curtains well worn on the seams with break through light along pleat lines. We enjoyed the cruise despite the bed.

Hmmm...........I would hope it's not a new bed.....this does not sound good, the Coral should already have them.

Some insist that they are ALL replaced.

However I always say it's an ongoing battle in the fleet.

Here is what the Princess website says....

*The Princess Luxury Bed is now available on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Coral Princess, Sun Princess, Grand Princess, Caribbean Princess, Majestic Princess and Pacific Princess and will debut on board Golden Princess (Oct 2017), Sea Princess (Nov 2017), Star Princess & Island Princess (Dec 2017), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Diamond Princess (Aug 2018), followed by Royal Princess & Regal Princess in 2019. Please note this schedule is subject to change.

Hi Harpcat. We were told we were one of the first to order the bed and bedding package. It was ordered on Jan 28th and our credit card was charged that day. We received the mattress and box spring on April 6th. We were told that the bedding was on backorder and would be sent later. The bedding arrived on June 20th. The company handling the order was as perplexed as we were as how long it was taking. Princess Cruise Lines is not involved in this process. At first they had no idea were the beds were, problems with the shipper. After the bed arrived and we were waiting for the bedding they kept us informed on a regular basis-again a shipper problem. They offered to cancel at any time and credit our card. All that being said, the bed and bedding was worth the wait. We love it and I feel it is the same quality as what we experienced on ship. Have patience, not my strong suit. ;p

Viktor, I meant to ask if you got the pillow like topper for the mattress too? I didn't know if that was actually on the bed in the cabin or not, do you?