All Inclusive Photo Package -- Worth It?

DiamondM

Back in February we got the $99 for a 15 day canal cruise. Normally we buy one or two pictures on a cruise, so they still made money on us. But we got 61 prints and a ship-shaped memory stick with digital copies. Note that most of these were under 1M - not high resolution images. We could probably do better scanning the prints. Wouldn't do this for $200+, but worked for us. On ships that don't have an updated photo center you have to keep picking prints off the wall and bringing them to the desk with your memory stick every few days since the walls run out of space for new pictures. Gangway shots, green screens, champagne fountain, canal shots, normal black and white included. Did not include Platinum Studio, obviously. Also got to know the photo staff pretty well.

Did you get that when you got onboard or in advance?

Totally agree that the $99 special is a really good value. The other one is OK too, if you get a lot of photos. This is the first cruise with all 3 of us sisters and I guess we will probably want all the photos we can get.

As I remember it, they will charge you for a 2nd copy of the same photo, but not for the digital copy. This works for us because my one sister can have the hard copy (she's technologically illiterate) and I can have the digital copy. She puts all of hers in an album. Me and my other sister have digital photo frames.

When/How often do they have the $99 special? My August cruise is still like $225.00

For several months starting last year and going into this year Princess was experimenting with pricing for the Photo Package which is a new product.

They had different prices on different ships and sometimes different prices on different voyages on the same ship. The $99 pre-cruise special pricing was a part of this effort to find the "sweet spot" where they could make the most $$$ with the package.

Whether or not the $99 price will ever be offered again is anyone's guess.

We did the package on our honeymoon in 2011 on Royal Caribbean and wound up with about 100 photos. I thought it was worth every penny, the hubby, not so much.

We have a Caribbean cruise planned for March 2018. It's younger daughter's 30th birthday and granddaughter's first cruise. I *will* be getting the photo package for both cabins.

For several months starting last year and going into this year Princess was experimenting with pricing for the Photo Package which is a new product.

They had different prices on different ships and sometimes different prices on different voyages on the same ship. The $99 pre-cruise special pricing was a part of this effort to find the "sweet spot" where they could make the most $$$ with the package.

Whether or not the $99 price will ever be offered again is anyone's guess.

Thanks! Ya guess we missed the boat on this one. lol

Did you get that when you got onboard or in advance?

The $99 special was only available inside the personalizer for a month or so ending in February. Onboard price was something like $249 in April when we took the cruise. They also have drawings in the photo shop periodically throughout the cruise (entry forms are distributed during formal night photo sessions and sometimes other nights). Top prize was a free package. They told us if we won it they would refund what we paid. As I recall drawings were around noon on day after formal nights.

We have the $99 package for an upcoming cruise with our family. We have one grandson in our cabin with us. Does this mean that he could use the package for photographs with his parents but without us, the grandparents?

I realise that if he were an adult he could, but he's seven. Anyone know? Thanks.

We have the $99 package for an upcoming cruise with our family. We have one grandson in our cabin with us. Does this mean that he could use the package for photographs with his parents but without us, the grandparents?

I realise that if he were an adult he could, but he's seven. Anyone know? Thanks.

As long as he is in the photo you should be able to have others in the photo with him.

The package is good for anyone in the cabin. If one person from the cabin is in a photo, you can get that photo. If you have a group picture, and multiple people from different cabins are in the photo and have the package, the photo department will reprint the photo so each cabin can have a hard copy.

The $99 special was only available inside the personalizer for a month or so ending in February. Onboard price was something like $249 in April when we took the cruise. They also have drawings in the photo shop periodically throughout the cruise (entry forms are distributed during formal night photo sessions and sometimes other nights). Top prize was a free package. They told us if we won it they would refund what we paid. As I recall drawings were around noon on day after formal nights.

On our last cruise, we had 17 people across 5 cabins. Three of us remembered to buy before the $99 sale was over, one didn't want the package and one remembered the day after the sale was over.

On the first formal night, we got pictures at every station and got the raffle tickets. We used every ticket and put the name of the person who missed the sale price. During the raffle, you must be present to win. The first name called wasn't in attendance. The second name called was our friend. Everyone was excited, except her 15-year old son.

Things have a tendency of working out sometimes.

I guess I never paid attention. I wasn't aware there was anything like this. Where is it advertised/posted? How do I purchase this package? We're doing a 13 day cruise to New Zealand and I would love to have it then. Thanks!

I never bought commercial photos until our last 7 day cruise 6-3-17 through 6-10-17. I'm not particularly photogenic but these photographers actually even made me look good. They are good. I'm not sure if you may pick your own subjects.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I, too was skeptical about buying the package but I'm glad I did. The photos were lovely. All the photographers were using Nikon D7200 camera which do a wonderful job. I did have to go back after the cruise as my flash drive with photos was blank. Princess worked with us to get the for the digital pics but they were super low resolution. I worked with them and they send me a new CD with 4-6MB images versus 100K images. Overall, I'm happy but it took 3 CD's to get fixed.