A few brittania questions

asda

We are thinking of booking britannia for the 9th dec Caribbean cruise.

Rougly what age of guest will be sailing 2 weeks before Christmas?

At the moment the prices are select and early saver fares when do the saver fares come out?

The price for the early saver fare is quite good that's why we are considering booking now , is there a fair chance we could get freedom dining?

Thanks not sailed with p&o for a couple of years now, looking forward to it.

Thanks.

We sailed on the 3rd December last year; there was a mixed crowd, from aged mid-20s upwards. Very very few children; those that were on board were generally pre-school with their mums and dads, grandparents etc. Lovely cruise. Hope that helps.

I'm seeing an additional cost of £624 to get the select fare (choose your cabin and dining option) and get £600 on board credit. A good option if you think you would use the credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for replies.

We have got our travel agent checking between select and early saver price.

Any idea which flights they use to barbados from manchester?

Plus do you think a lot of people book so near to christmas. ( it gets back to manchester on 23rd24th dec)

We are thinking of booking britannia for the 9th dec Caribbean cruise.

Rougly what age of guest will be sailing 2 weeks before Christmas?

At the moment the prices are select and early saver fares when do the saver fares come out?

The price for the early saver fare is quite good that's why we are considering booking now , is there a fair chance we could get freedom dining?

Thanks not sailed with p&o for a couple of years now, looking forward to it.

Thanks.

We have been on a few Caribbean pre Christmas cruises and were on Britannia in December 2015. We have always booked late saver fares and got a good price about 8 weeks before departure.

The age range was very varied but few children.

We have always been allocated freedom dining I think because they use two restaurants for freedom. If you get something else you can ask to change.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for replies.

We have got our travel agent checking between select and early saver price.

Any idea which flights they use to barbados from manchester?

Plus do you think a lot of people book so near to christmas. ( it gets back to manchester on 23rd24th dec)

Flights could be Thomas Cook or Thomson. They use both.

I think from looking at pre Christmas Caribbean cruises, the one immediately before, but not incorporating Christmas, due to the proximity to the big day on your return are often very good value compared to those just afterwards. I've seen 14 day balconies at £999 over the years. The risk though is that the flight from your nearest airport may be full and the discount deal might be from a less convenient airport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

We have booked it. We decided to book the early saver fare and have gone for the HD balcony cabin.

Can't wait. Few more questions.

When you do the Caribbean can you buy drinks ashore and take on board. Ie water. Cans of pop.

Plus can you buy bottle on plane or Manchester airport and take it on ship in barbados?

We have booked it. We decided to book the early saver fare and have gone for the HD balcony cabin.

When you do the Caribbean can you buy drinks ashore and take on board. Ie water. Cans of pop.

Plus can you buy bottle on plane or Manchester airport and take it on ship in barbados?

You can buy as much as you like ashore including alcohol to take on board.

Last time we did the cruise you couldnt buy duty free on the plane but you will find it is very cheap in the shops in all the ports.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Buy a box of wine at Manchester at the Duty Free area when you've gone through Security if you wish ;-)

I'm seeing an additional cost of £624 to get the select fare (choose your cabin and dining option) and get £600 on board credit. A good option if you think you would use the credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We bought wine at Gatwick for our cabin. You will have many opportunities to re-stock as your cruise progresses. I suggest you should buy your soft drinks/mixers in Barbados cruise terminal - as you enter from the ship side, turn left and there is a shop almost immediately which is good for soft drinks/mixers.

[we too are on the cruise before this and are happy to know that there won't be loads of kids, my husband ad I love them and my grandchildren. I would like a break from the noise quote=Cantlogincaptain;53403492]We are on the cruise prior to this. we are a couple in our 40s I expect a wide range of ages with very few kids sounds about right.

We bought wine at Gatwick for our cabin. You will have many opportunities to re-stock as your cruise progresses. I suggest you should buy your soft drinks/mixers in Barbados cruise terminal - as you enter from the ship side, turn left and there is a shop almost immediately which is good for soft drinks/mixers.

But they're quite pricey because they've got a captive audience. They know we're all looking for tonic for our cheap gin :'):')