Tracy Arm Fjords

choff

We're scheduled to visit Tracy Arm on July 3 and are on a Glacier Explorer excursion. If we go to Endicott instead, do they cancel the excursion completely or shift it to Endicott?

Shift to Endicott Arm.

We just got off the Legend this morning. We were scheduled for Tracy Arm but still too much ice so we went to Endicott. It was beautiful! We saw bears, sea otters playing on ice patches, tons of whales and I thought we got close to the glacier. We did NOT take the small boat excursion and we were definitely not disappointed [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just received an update from Celebrity that our Tracy Arm excursion has a start time change... from 8 am to 7:15 am. I wonder if that means we're likely to do Endicott Arm instead... since the ship will be near there earlier than Tracy Arm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just got the same early 7:15 update for our September 1 cruise on Solstice. It will be an awfully early start and also early return to Juneau as the ship doesn't arrive until 1:30. My understanding is Allen Marine is required to return us to the ship instead of letting us roam.

We just got the same early 7:15 update for our September 1 cruise on Solstice. It will be an awfully early start and also early return to Juneau as the ship doesn't arrive until 1:30. My understanding is Allen Marine is required to return us to the ship instead of letting us roam.

I wonder if the earlier time is to allow us to get back on the ship in time so that we can make our afternoon excursions out of Juneau. I've read that people have missed their afternoon excursions because the catamaran didn't make it back to the ship in time.

Just went last week to Tracy Arm Fjord with Adventure Bound. All I can say is OMG I loved it!! Thank you Coral & Doug for telling me where to book this tour!! We got right front and center to the South Sawyer Glacier and North Sawyer. I have never seen ice so blue!! We saw bears, whales, eagles, seal and baby seals they were having their babies right there. I will definitely go back there when we go back to Alaska

Where did you hear that we would be returned to ship? I talked to Allen Marine yesterday and they indicated that they drop us off at Seadrome dock. I was calling to see how I would make 2:15 Mendenhall and Wildlife excursion (I am on July 7 Soltice) and it didn't sound like I would make it back to ship/AJ dock in time with old arrival time for Tracy Arm excursion(yesterday they said arrival time was 1:45).

Just went last week to Tracy Arm Fjord with Adventure Bound. All I can say is OMG I loved it!! Thank you Coral & Doug for telling me where to book this tour!! We got right front and center to the South Sawyer Glacier and North Sawyer. I have never seen ice so blue!! We saw bears, whales, eagles, seal and baby seals they were having their babies right there. I will definitely go back there when we go back to Alaska

So glad you loved this trip! I knew you would!

Glad you had a good time. Now you see why we love this so much. Every time I'm amazed at how blue it is also :)

Two weeks ago we were on the Amsterdam and went up Endicott Arm because of ice conditions in Tracy Arm. I can't imagine how Tracy Arm could be any more impressive than Endicott. We were not disappointed.

Where did you hear that we would be returned to ship? I talked to Allen Marine yesterday and they indicated that they drop us off at Seadrome dock. I was calling to see how I would make 2:15 Mendenhall and Wildlife excursion (I am on July 7 Soltice) and it didn't sound like I would make it back to ship/AJ dock in time with old arrival time for Tracy Arm excursion(yesterday they said arrival time was 1:45).

I just got off the phone with Allen Marine and was told we will be brought back to the ship to clear customs, and then debark from the ship for our afternoon excursions.

I just got off the phone with Allen Marine and was told we will be brought back to the ship to clear customs, and then debark from the ship for our afternoon excursions.

Great, thanks! I will have time to make pm excursion and maybe grab a quick bite to eat. :)

Two weeks ago we were on the Amsterdam and went up Endicott Arm because of ice conditions in Tracy Arm. I can't imagine how Tracy Arm could be any more impressive than Endicott. We were not disappointed.

You would just have to see it to believe it. If I knew how to posts pictures I would show you

It is the Fiord part that is amazing in Tracy Arm.

Coral & Doug, Yep! I'm hooked now! Best tour we took! Captain Steve & crew was great also!

He is one of those people who really enjoys what he does and wants to share it with others. He could charge far more for his trip but doesn't. If you think about it, the cost of his trip is similar to what a two hour whale watching trip costs.

We are coming in to Juneau on 8/1 at 2:00 PM and there until 10:00 PM are there any private companies that could take us into Tracy Arms rather than use the ships excursion? Our time in is pretty late.

We are coming in to Juneau on 8/1 at 2:00 PM and there until 10:00 PM are there any private companies that could take us into Tracy Arms rather than use the ships excursion? Our time in is pretty late.

Not that I know of. If you have the option to go with the ship, do it.

I'm not aware of any that leave that late and it would not allow enough time to see much. It is 2 hours + each way from Juneau just to get to the entrance of Tracy Arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bet they shuttle us to the boat before the boat gets to Juneau. I have read that is how others have done it. It is an 8 hr excursion and pretty expensive ($258).

We're on this excursion (Solstice June 30 departure). Is there only one catamaran doing this excursion for a specific cruise ship or are there more than one? Not sure how many can fit on one boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk