The New Princess Luxury Bed

DeRon

The Princess Luxury Bed will debut on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess and Coral Princess in February 2016, followed by Sun Princess (Apr 2016), Grand Princess (Dec 2016), Caribbean Princess (Mar 2017), Golden Princess (Apr 2017), Pacific Princess (May 2017), Sea Princess and Star Princess (Nov 2017), Royal Princess (Feb 2018), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Regal Princess (Apr 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Island Princess (Apr 2018). Please note this schedule is subject to change.

It was noted by recent cruisers/posts here on CC that the Emerald still had some old beds after her recent dry dock.

So there is no way to know if the entire ship was changed out or if its still an ongoing process.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The Princess Luxury Bed will debut on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess and Coral Princess in February 2016, followed by Sun Princess (Apr 2016), Grand Princess (Dec 2016), Caribbean Princess (Mar 2017), Golden Princess (Apr 2017), Pacific Princess (May 2017), Sea Princess and Star Princess (Nov 2017), Royal Princess (Feb 2018), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Regal Princess (Apr 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Island Princess (Apr 2018). Please note this schedule is subject to change.

It was noted by recent cruisers/posts here on CC that the Emerald still had some old beds after her recent dry dock.

So there is no way to know if the entire ship was changed out or if its still an ongoing process.

Darn and double Darn! Both of the two cruises we have booked or will book are before the above dates! Just our luck! :eek:

Just Mike

Just off the Emerald a couple of days ago. We definitely had the new mattress and it was super comfortable, I actually preferred it to my own bed at home. However, the bed linens were not the new ones I've seen in photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And the Crown is the one with the worst broken beds at sea.

Had 28 days of misery (even with two egg crates) in October. The bed had a huge hole in middle.

Now just got off the Crown for a 4 day and bed had a pillowtop over mattress and it was fine. Still hard but not broken.Can't wait to see what new mattresses will be like.

People of all weights and sizes occupy beds weekly. I think it is a cruise lines responsibility to have good support for all passengers .At least have beds that don't break.

Had 28 days of misery (even with two egg crates) in October. The bed had a huge hole in middle.

Now just got off the Crown for a 4 day and bed had a pillowtop over mattress and it was fine. Still hard but not broken.Can't wait to see what new mattresses will be like.

People of all weights and sizes occupy beds weekly. I think it is a cruise lines responsibility to have good support for all passengers .At least have beds that don't break.

Sue, so sorry that you had an uncomfortable mattress on the 28 Day Cruise. But other than that how was the cruise, crew, RC members and everything? Hoping we make the 2017 Edition.

Just Mike

I really hope that schedule changes so that new beds are on the Star for our Alaska cruise next year. I almost didn't book with Princess because I heard the beds were so bad, and my mom has back issues, but I was told new beds were coming. :(

I could switch to the Coral, but the dates are wrong for when we need to travel. Darn! I thought I had this figured out and it was just a matter of waiting. BOO!:(

Just off the Emerald a couple of days ago. We definitely had the new mattress and it was super comfortable, I actually preferred it to my own bed at home. However, the bed linens were not the new ones I've seen in photos.

We were on the same cruise. Our steward started cleaning cabins at 9:30 one day because he was in Training earlier for the new bedding. I asked what type of training could possibly be necessary for bedding, and he told me that it was quite different from the usual. He thought it would be received at the end of the next cruise ( which would be any day now).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to know!

I wonder if the Ruby has them yet??

On our Hawaii cruise last month (Started on 1-9-16) our cabin and my Mom and sister's cabin had them (on the Baja deck, aft). They were much nicer than the mattresses that we had on our Alaska cruise on the Ruby five months before.

Funny thing, on our Roll Call, post-cruise, I had posted that we had new mattresses and one of the other Roll Call members basically said that was BS because he didn't have one in his cabin. Funny exchange. I said that the cabin steward and the guy who did our Ultimate Ship's Tour had both told us that there were new mattresses on board (steward said everyone in his section had them and the new pillows, too). This guy, however, told us that we were being lied to. Really? These crew members have exactly what to gain by lying?

Because his cabin had the old mattresses, then, so, everyone else must still have them as well. After all the new mattresses weren't scheduled until February and this cruise was in January. Somehow the idea of a gradual roll out, especially with the advantage of the extra time in the dry dock a few weeks before, did not compute with him. Only the "official" introduction date of February could be the date that, somehow, all cabins would magically have the new mattresses.

Duh.......really??:D

Edited by ar1950

Darn, we are going to miss it on the Grand this summer. I likely won't be booking another one on that ship in the near future. :(

thanks for posting the schedule.

Darn, we are going to miss it on the Grand this summer. I likely won't be booking another one on that ship in the near future. :(

thanks for posting the schedule.

Come to think of it, though...I saw a post from PartyBarbie after she sailed on the Grand. I think she mentioned that they might have had one of the new mattresses as she stated that it was super comfy and that wasn't her previous experience. Maybe there is hope we will have a new one for our summer cruise. Fingers crossed!!

Happy to report that the complete beds- mattresses, pillows and gorgeous sheets- are now on the Emerald Princess. I took a photo of a bed in an empty cabin today, and will post it tonight on my blog (because it's too hard to post it here from my iPhone...maybe someone else can link to it tomorrow). The pillows are too fluffy but may calm down over time. The sheets look comfy. Our steward is changing ours tomorrow. There are no longer decorative pillows and throws, another plus. Just clean white and contemporary.

What staterooms did you have? I am booked in September and would hate to get a bed with a hole in it!

Just off the Coral this morning and D631 had the new bed. It's a 9" single sided mattress with an added topper, if you have them put together as a queen bed. If you go with two separate twins, then there is no topper unless you request an egg crate, according to Ryan, our cabin steward.

A couple of pictures of them for reference. We found them to be firm & comfortable:

25027467456_7690668102_z.jpgP1040687 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

24426956523_1fd7797780_z.jpgP1040688 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

24960509031_00093ef23a_z.jpgP1040689 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

24423173174_cb6d579014_z.jpgP1040690 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

We did not have the new linens, as it would seem. On the duvet, there was a small hole in one spot, and one of the seams was ripped a little in one corner. Ryan mentioned something about they were getting ready to get the new linens, just not sure when.

I wonder if the Ruby has them yet??

We had one in C-750 last week and it may be the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on, surpassing the Westin Heavenly Bed, my prior favorite. Our stateroom attendant said that the suites had gotten the new bedding last year and they were all changed out in December. He thought that the rest of the ship would be getting them in a few weeks, but I didn't ask him for specifics.