Carnival Spirit drink packages....

They do offer wine packages onboard. Five bottles per package at around 20% discount on the individual bottle price. There are two packages, Classic & Premium, and each has a decent selection of wines available under that package. We only tried the Classic package on our Carnival cruise last year as that was the only one that had pinot noir. We went through two packages on that cruise. If we do another Carnival cruise I think we'll buy one of each package at the start so we could have a wider variety of wines.

• 2 months later...

How does the wine package work? We usually drink both red and white with meals, so would (I assume) end up with half a bottle of red and half a bottle of white left at the end of a meal. Can we keep the leftovers for the next meal or drink in our cabin?

Did you buy the packages on-board? I'm assuming these wines available on the standard wine list, as you've said the package gives approx 20% discount?

We bought the package from our dinner waiter. I'm sorry but I can't remember the actual prices but it did work out around 20% cheaper based on the wine list price of the wines in that package.

You get five little slips of paper, each with a list of wines available under that package. Like you, we tend to have both white and red wines during dinner. The waiter stores the bottles for you and has them ready on the table when you arrive the next night. I think one night we actually had three wines on the table for a while. DH decided that the red that was currently open wasn't what he wanted with his meal so got another bottle.

There was quite a decent selection of wines in each package - 4/5 whites and 4/5 reds I think and the quality of the wines was quite decent even with the cheaper package.

We bought the package from our dinner waiter. I'm sorry but I can't remember the actual prices but it did work out around 20% cheaper based on the wine list price of the wines in that package.

You get five little slips of paper, each with a list of wines available under that package. .

Thanks OzKiwi - just what I needed to know. I had a look at the wines included in the packages, and they look like a good selection.

Cocktails are about $11 Aussie dollars. Generally get 3 or 4 shot's. Beer is $7 - $7.50 on average. Or get 4 in a bucket & get $2 off eg 4 coronas for $22. The best beer is there own. brewed in The Rocks (sydney) 5% alchoal. 575Mls for $8.95 it's called Red Frog Summer Ale. The bar staff are great, they will remember your orders after the first time. ENJOY.