Nassau Hilton Colonial

cjonice

My husband and I are headed to Nassau for the day in may - first time we have ever been there. We didn't see any excursions that really caught our attention so we thought about doing our own thing.. I saw the Hilton Colonial offers day passes- has anyone done this? How long is the pass actually good for is it truly all day? Can you leave to go out and do some shopping and come back? Any information would be appreciated thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband and I are headed to Nassau for the day in may - first time we have ever been there. We didn't see any excursions that really caught our attention so we thought about doing our own thing.. I saw the Hilton Colonial offers day passes- has anyone done this? How long is the pass actually good for is it truly all day? Can you leave to go out and do some shopping and come back? Any information would be appreciated thanks!

Day passes can be used from 9am to 5pm ( grill closes at 4:30pm). You may leave and come back, but you may lose your seat.

Here's some info regarding the day passes and dates they are sold out.

https://www.resortforaday.com/British-Colonial-Hilton-Day-pass-p/nsnabcha.htm

I love the British Colonial Hilton - I've been there several times and have enjoyed myself each time. Also, the Resort for a Day may not be the only day passes available. The hotel may hold some back for walk-ins. However, in high season, they are probably hard to come by, so booking through that site may be a good option so you are guaranteed a spot. Resort for a Day is a great tool, but is a third party operator.

We have also been looking at the Hilton day pass, is there an option to do this without the $40 food credit? We do not disembark until 12pm so don't really need food and unless the drinks are expensive we're not likely to use $40 each in an afternoon.

We are just looking for a relaxing day at the beach. I looked at just going to Junkanoo beach but the reviews aren't favourable. Are there any other similar options to the Hilton.

We have also been looking at the Hilton day pass, is there an option to do this without the $40 food credit? We do not disembark until 12pm so don't really need food and unless the drinks are expensive we're not likely to use $40 each in an afternoon.

We are just looking for a relaxing day at the beach. I looked at just going to Junkanoo beach but the reviews aren't favourable. Are there any other similar options to the Hilton.

I don't think you can get the pass without the food credit. As far as I know, there is only the one option. You could always call the hotel to ask, or if you don't buy before you go, take your chances walking in and asking.

I don't think so, but I believe the drinks are expensive. Ten years ago they sold day passes for $15!

Thanks. We are going to go for the Hilton, it looks delightful, is conveniently located to the port and most of the reviews of any of the public beaches are not very favourable.

We'll just have to drink lots of cocktails :D

Cocktails seem to range from $12 -$16, not too difficult!

• 1 month later...

I've been emailing The Hilton to find out how to make a reservation but no one has responded. What would be the best way that anyone has used previously to book this. The resortforaday.com website is being flagged as not secure by my browser so I'm concerned with regards to using that although previous posts seem to suggest posters have used them, is this the case?

I've been emailing The Hilton to find out how to make a reservation but no one has responded. What would be the best way that anyone has used previously to book this. The resortforaday.com website is being flagged as not secure by my browser so I'm concerned with regards to using that although previous posts seem to suggest posters have used them, is this the case?

You're probably okay with resortforaday. Sometimes, a website's security certificates are expired or revoked when a web browser (IE, Chrome, etc.) is updated. HOWEVER, I don't know this is the case for sure, so proceed at your own risk. You could try shoreexcursioneer. I think they used to have the BCH. Also, when are you going? You may be able to just walk up without a reservation if it's not a busy time.

I take it back. shoreexcursioneer.com does NOT have it. I just went to resortforaday.com, and did not encounter any security issues. It may be your browser.

Another option is to call Hilton. You probably would want to call the hotel directly.

Many thanks. The hotel finally responded and advised of the same. They have also stated that only the use of lounge chairs is included, the day beds and cabanas are for hotel guests only. Could anyone confirm if a lounge chair is what we in the UK would call a sun lounger/ sun bed? I'm not concerned with not being able to use a cabana but wouldn't want to spend the day sitting in a chair...

Many thanks. The hotel finally responded and advised of the same. They have also stated that only the use of lounge chairs is included, the day beds and cabanas are for hotel guests only. Could anyone confirm if a lounge chair is what we in the UK would call a sun lounger/ sun bed? I'm not concerned with not being able to use a cabana but wouldn't want to spend the day sitting in a chair...

Their lounge chairs should be exactly the same as your sun lounger/sun bed. It's basically a full-length lounge chair to lie down upon. We were just there in March, and were offered a lounge chair, or one of the queen-size (or king maybe?) day beds on the beach - don't recall seeing any cabanas. There are also multiple hammocks throughout the property. It really was a lovely day. We each had lunch plus one or two drinks and still had credit left over!

their lounge chairs should be exactly the same as your sun lounger/sun bed. It's basically a full-length lounge chair to lie down upon. We were just there in march, and were offered a lounge chair, or one of the queen-size (or king maybe?) day beds on the beach - don't recall seeing any cabanas. There are also multiple hammocks throughout the property. It really was a lovely day. We each had lunch plus one or two drinks and still had credit left over!

:d:d:d

• 4 weeks later...

We will be in Nassau in August and just heard about British Colonial last night from a friend who loved it. She bought day passes directly at the hotel when they arrived. Is this always an option ? Has anyone used the water activities and are they free (kayaks, snorkel équipement, paddle boards, etc)? What are the food options with the meal/drink options? Originally we were planning on visiting Junkanoo but this sounds like a better deal

• 2 weeks later...

We bookedthe Cruise Day Pass at the British Colonial Hilton for $60 each in advanceon-line (saved $5). We visited Nassau on June 24 and booked the passes the daybefore the cruise on June 21 to confirm it would be beach weather with no rain.We awoke early so we could start the day at 9 am. We walked from the ship andchecked in at reception and then headed to the beach area to get chairs alongthe water under an umbrella. Only a few hotel guests were enjoying the beachthis early. We put our $40 food/drink vouchers that come with each adult daypass to good use for lunch (about $20 each) and drinks ($7 beer and $14 mixeddrinks), not including 7% tax and a 15% service charge. Another thread (can’t remember which one) has a picture of the food/drinkmenu. The kayaks and paddle boards are free to use, you sign the paddles for themout and back in at the towel hut. Wewould definitely do this again visiting Nassau if the weather forecast is good.

• 2 weeks later...
We bookedthe Cruise Day Pass at the British Colonial Hilton for $60 each in advanceon-line (saved $5). We visited Nassau on June 24 and booked the passes the daybefore the cruise on June 21 to confirm it would be beach weather with no rain.We awoke early so we could start the day at 9 am. We walked from the ship andchecked in at reception and then headed to the beach area to get chairs alongthe water under an umbrella. Only a few hotel guests were enjoying the beachthis early. We put our $40 food/drink vouchers that come with each adult daypass to good use for lunch (about $20 each) and drinks ($7 beer and $14 mixeddrinks), not including 7% tax and a 15% service charge. Another thread (can’t remember which one) has a picture of the food/drinkmenu. The kayaks and paddle boards are free to use, you sign the paddles for themout and back in at the towel hut. Wewould definitely do this again visiting Nassau if the weather forecast is good.

This sounds perfect. I've heard about people waiting and buying their day pass right at the hotel on port day. I checked online and passes are 79$ in advance now. Still a good deal but the extra 19$ per person adds up with a group of 9 people.

Where did you book the passes on line? The Britich Colonial Hilton Website? If so where on the website? I am looking but dont' see it.

Where did you book the passes on line? The Britich Colonial Hilton Website? If so where on the website? I am looking but dont' see it.

We booked through Island Marketing Ltd. (website for their offerings in the Bahamas is bahamascruiseexcursions.com). I think there is another company/website referenced in other BCH posts as well. I checked today and as others on this thread posted the price has risen to $79 for adults.

We booked through Island Marketing Ltd. (website for their offerings in the Bahamas is bahamascruiseexcursions.com). I think there is another company/website referenced in other BCH posts as well. I checked today and as others on this thread posted the price has risen to $79 for adults.

For that price, you can do AI at 2 resorts with much nicer beaches.