Brittania cruise

EJ76

hi we have booked on Britannia for 28th may, have booked an inside cabin, wondered if anyone has any idea how much it might cost to upgrade to a balcony room?

Thanks in advance

hi we have booked on Britannia for 28th may, have booked an inside cabin, wondered if anyone has any idea how much it might cost to upgrade to a balcony room?

Thanks in advance

P and o will charge the price difference between an inside and Balcony at the same rate as it was when you first booked even if Balcony cabins are a lot cheaper now.

P and o will charge the price difference between an inside and Balcony at the same rate as it was when you first booked even if Balcony cabins are a lot cheaper now.

...... or if they are more expensive now. It works both ways! Just call them and they will give you a price.

Thanks in advance

The cheapest balcony cabins are those with an obstructed view, mainly on G deck where the lifeboats protrude a little way above the balcony.

These may be very close in price to inside cabins so do your research beforehand, although as others have said P&O are generally fairly inflexible.

Thank you for replies, have spoke to the cruise operator I booked through today, she spoke to p and o, they are not offering any balconys with obstructed views so the price to upgrade to a clear view balcony is £360, can't decide what to do!!! ??? X

Thank you for replies, have spoke to the cruise operator I booked through today, she spoke to p and o, they are not offering any balconys with obstructed views so the price to upgrade to a clear view balcony is £360, can't decide what to do!!! ??? X

Is this £360 per person? Insides on Britannia are very big and spacey, bigger than a Balcony Cabin. The actual balconies on Britannia are very small in comparison to Azura/Ventura.

In my book it would depend a lot on whether you are going to a hot place, not fjords for example and I would also be influenced by number of sea days when general deck space is going to be crowded in hot regions.

£360 is a fair few drinks or a number of excursions. How long would you actually intend be out on the Balcony?

Well there are a few pointers.

Regards John

Thanks, that's how I've been weighing it up, we are on for 7 days, going to France Spain Guernsey, so not expecting red hot weather

It £360 all together, £180 each, mainly just thinking it's nice to have, to see what weather like, you only live once etc etc, but yes it would be a good chunk of the drinks bill if we don't have it

I would have the upgrade - I don't think that £360 extra is too bad for 2 people for a week. Although as mentioned above the size of the balcony part of the cabin is very small on Britannia compared to other ships, just about room for 2 chairs and a small table.

Thanks, that's how I've been weighing it up, we are on for 7 days, going to France Spain Guernsey, so not expecting red hot weather

It £360 all together, £180 each, mainly just thinking it's nice to have, to see what weather like, you only live once etc etc, but yes it would be a good chunk of the drinks bill if we don't have it

An absolute no brainier at that price. A cruise with a balcony is an altogether much better experience. We would never cruise without one.

I personally would always opt for the balcony as we like the fresh air and the view. The balcony cabins on Britannia are compact even with a sofa. So glad to get back to my own bathroom without sharing when we get home. My parents ,however, would always go for an inside as they are never in a cabin much and always up and about doing things and only use it for sleeping in.The balconies are narrow and you may not get much sun so you could opt to keep the inside and pay for the Retreat on a warm sea day? It depends if you think you may be in the cabin a lot or not. You wont know how many spare cabins are available. I came across one huge row last week on embarkation down the corridor from me whereby someone had brought a partner in a wheelchair and couldn't get them through the cabin door. They obviously hadn't booked a mobility room and were demanding another cabin.

wouod it be worth hanging out and upgrading when we get to cruise terminal?

Upgrades arent usually available in the day.

We have been in a balcony cabin on Britannia and think the balcony size was adequate . I would go for it as its nice to get some fresh air in peace and you could be lucky and get good weather.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

We always go for a balcony for the fresh air and so nice to get up and see the ports we are entering.

Don't hang around, because they will not be available for long as the "upgrade fairies" will be in operation and although it probably shows lots of balcony cabins available now they disappear really quick.

• 1 month later...