Fishing Gear Rental - Half Moon Cay

HoosierOops

I've looked high and low, but never seen a confirmation. Can you rent fishing gear for fishing the flats in Bonefish Lagoon at Half Moon Cay?

We're not doing an excursion, just hanging out at the beach and putzing around. No desire to go deep water fishing off a boat, just want to chuck a line into the flats for some Jack or Bones for a bit in between naps and grownup beverage breaks.:D

We're floating in on the Elation the 1st week of July.

Talked to the folks at carnival. They had no answers, recommended I talk to a local or find someone who's been there. So I'm to the question from my OP.

Does anyone, particularly a former visitor, know if any of the beach places rent fishing poles and such at half moon cay?

Half Moon Cay is a private island owned by Holland America. There aren't any independent operations on the island. You might not find fishing gear unless there is an excursion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Half Moon Cay is a private island owned by Holland America. There aren't any independent operations on the island. You might not find fishing gear unless there is an excursion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

yeah, that's the rub. I know that there are "shops" that rent beach gear, but have never got an answer on fishing stuff. Next step is to call Holland and see what they say.

• 2 weeks later...
There is a post on another thread that has a price list of everything they rent. I didn't see anything about fishing on it. Here is the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2513628&highlight=lockers

Well nuts! Oh well. I've got a few other ideas for entertainment beyond beaching and drinking, so it's all good.

Thanks for the heads up.

• 3 months later...

I guess I forgot to come post an update after our trip.

I can confirm, NOBODY ON HALF MOON CAY RENTS FISHING GEAR. I asked every shop and at the beach bar.

It wasn't worth the expense and hassle to purchase a travel rod and deal with moving that through security and embarkation/debarkation. So no fishing for us. My son and I did walk over to the flats, and from what we could near, the areas near the shore were very rocky, and didn't look very inviting to wade out into wearing only sandals.