Specific Cost Info, Laundry services and re "need" for extra-cost wine, spirits

ON cruiser

Hello Seabourn experts; my wife and I are considering making the leap from HAL to Seabourn, in part attracted by the purported "all-inclusive" pricing. Now, I know that not all is included (optional shore excursions) but I am hoping to understand some other issues.

Forgive me if this information is in an older thread, yet on the Seabourn website there is nothing about the actual cost of laundry--just that such services are available. As we qualify for free laundry service on HAL, again I hope to know how it works/how much it costs here.

We are not going to do our own laundry self-serve. So, can one sign up for "unlimited laundry and pressing" or something similar for the cruise? Or is it a price by the bag? If anyone has the pricing info, that would help. We are looking at either a 10 or 12 day Caribbean cruise. I am hopeful with the CCL shareholder credit and the referral credit, we can cover these costs.

Also, have read on some threads about extra cost drinks and wine. Frankly, I seek to "make do" with what is included. My "regular" scotch is Chivas Regal, and I also like a nice single malt. My wife likes Chopin or another decent Vodka. Would these brands be included or am I stuck with Johnny Walker Red Label (shudder)? As for wines, so long as it is decent on the included menu, and there is some choice, then fine; I am not expecting Chateau Petrus!

Hopefully these questions give you experienced folk an idea of the information a potential Seabourn newbie seeks. Your information is much appreciated. Thanks,

The Laundry Is $50 per bag ( you can get a lot in a bag) and it comes back all ironed on hangers or in a basket. The free spirits include Chivas and many other premium whisky I do not know the vodkas on board but you can request certain brands before you go and they try to get these. I am certain your credit would cover any extra costs .

John

The Laundry Is $50 per bag ( you can get a lot in a bag) and it comes back all ironed on hangers or in a basket. The free spirits include Chivas and many other premium whisky I do not know the vodkas on board but you can request certain brands before you go and they try to get these. I am certain your credit would cover any extra costs .

John

Vodka includes, for example, grey goose and ketel one. Glenfiddich, glenlivet, glenmorangie malts are usually available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They also stock Tito's and Belvedere. The new cocktail menus in the Club and Observation Bar show they carry Highland Park 12 year, Macallan Select Oak, Laphroaig 10 year, Glenmorangie 10 year, Cragganmore 12 year, Talisker 10 year and Auchentosan 10 year as part of their complimentary spirits. I've also seen Chivas.

As to the house wines there are usually 12-15 different ones available -- red, white, champagne, prosecco, Rose and a Sauternes. We often buy wine from the premium list as well -- most of the prices are marked up far less than you find in US restaurants.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I drank JW Green label at home and had the Laphroaig 10 year and Glenmorangie single malt (both included) on the Odyssey and loved both. I now drink Glenmorangie at home, to me it's a nice affordable drop.

On the Quest last Aug/Sept there was a choice of 12 single malts on the complimentary list.

With the laundryfully stuffed bag ($50) I worked out that if you costed the items individually the cost was about the same.

Edited by SKP946

I would love to see a list of current House Wines. Thanks, Heather

Here's the complimentary wine list from our recent Sojourn cruise which was effective May 16th. Wines vary by region, for example, Seabourn usually gets local wine when in New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Chile, etc.

Complimentary - May 16th.pdf