Can't add drink package

bluebell sparkle

I just got my confirmation of booking email from princess (very excited!) and noticed among all the on board options you can buy, the all inclusive drinks package is missing. The soft drink and beer packages are there, just curious as to why the all inclusive package isn't there?

I just got my confirmation of booking email from princess (very excited!) and noticed among all the on board options you can buy, the all inclusive drinks package is missing. The soft drink and beer packages are there, just curious as to why the all inclusive package isn't there?

Is it a short cruise? One day cruises do not have AIBP usually.

You can't add it yourself online. You need to call Princess if you booked with them or your travel agent if you booked with one.

I added the AIBP in Cruise Personalizer before...

Was this cruise part of the Sip & Sail promo? If so it should already on the booking under Gifts or Onboard Reservations in the Cruise Personalizer.

Yes call again. Our Aug 2018 11 day was eligible. It didn't show on my e-mailed invoice. I had to look in my cruise personalizer. It appeared like I purchased it under beverage packages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Forums mobile app

It also appears on my beverage package under onboard reservations to purchase.

I've been told the all inclusive drinks package is not available on my cruise, 7 night Japanese, is this normal?

You never gave your cruise date but searching your posts it appears to be May 20, 2018 on the Diamond Princess.

The AIBP is included for free which began on 6/20/17 with the Sip + Sail offer & there are a few reasons as to why you didn't receive the AIBP:

• It's only valid with a balcony or higher cabin
  • It's only available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older.
  • Availability is capacity controlled & not available for every cabin.

You can check the Sip + Sail webpage to see that your cruise is included in this promotion & may discover the reason why you are not receiving it.

https://book.princess.com/html/global/cruisedeals/sip-and-sail/

The terms & conditions shows it's available on 6 day or longer cruises (8 days from NZ & AU),

Edited by Astro Flyer

I've been told the all inclusive drinks package is not available on my cruise, 7 night Japanese, is this normal?

When is your cruise?

The free ABP is available for cruises starting summer 2018. Also, not available for all cruises even then.

That makes sense, any idea why though when you can add other drink packages?

Two possibilities, the first being that you are under the legal drinking age according to the passport you have used to reserve your cruise. The second possibility is that you have not yet posted your passport information on your cruise personalizer.

Tom

Checking the 12 posts by 'bluebell sparkle' they're aware that living in the U.K. that the S+S promotion is unavailable. Although if they are unable to purchase the AIBP it could be for the reasons 'pierlesscruisers' posted & not being old enough. Although this post states the AIBP is not available on their cruise but it is available for free with S+S so I'm confused. :confused:

Another issue could be a website problem & by calling Princess U.K. they might be able to purchase the AIBP. Being free in the US there's no way for me to check the US website to purchase it & don't think it's possible for me to check the U.K website.

6/20 on S+S thread:

Is this only for American customers? The website won't let me access the promotion.

After being told it's for some North American passengers:

that makes more sense, will there be any similar offers for UK customers?

Later on 6/20 on the "UK customers offers?" thread:

Is there likely to be any offers for summer/ Autumn 2018 cruises for UK customers? I see the sip and sail promotion is north America only. Hoping to book a Japanese cruise for May 2018 and feeling a bit left out!
Edited by Astro Flyer

When is your cruise?

In my post just before yours I gave the date of 5/20/18 which was based on this post from the Diamond's Japan Explorer roll call.

This is our first trip to japan and my second cruise, and his first, so pretty much new cruisers. We are spending a week in Japan before, and the cruise is really just a more relaxing way of seeing Japan. Looking forward to being able to sample freely all the food and get involved in anything Japanese, like shows etc

In my post just before yours I gave the date of 5/20/18 which was based on this post from the Diamond's Japan Explorer roll call.

Then that date may fall before Summer 2018 when the package deal becomes available.

Then that date may fall before Summer 2018 when the package deal becomes available.

You never gave your cruise date but searching your posts it appears to be May 20, 2018 on the Diamond Princess.

The AIBP is included for free which began on 6/20/17 with the Sip + Sail offer.

As I previously posted in #11, her 5/20/18 cruise is included with the Sip+Sail offer.

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=M815

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked the same 7-night cruise in Japan for May next year.

Sip and Sail is not available for us here in Singapore AND the all-inclusive beverage package is also missing from the beverage option list. The 5 beers for price of 4 packages are all still available as are the non-alchohol packages.

So either this all-inclusive package is uniquely excluded for this cruise or there is a website glitch.

I just booked the same 7-night cruise in Japan for May next year.

Sip and Sail is not available for us here in Singapore AND the all-inclusive beverage package is also missing from the beverage option list. The 5 beers for price of 4 packages are all still available as are the non-alchohol packages.

So either this all-inclusive package is uniquely excluded for this cruise or there is a website glitch.

I contacted princess, who were eventually able to tell me it was not available, but they had to contact lots of departments to get this answer, so I wasn't really convinced this was correct. I'm not really sure it would be value for money for me but would have been nice to have the option.

Hmmmm... I'll check closer to the date of departure. I wonder if it is just not offered yet - esp if Princess is thinking of making changes to the price and condition of the AIBP.

Although the website said that this is "not available on some cruises", they did not specifically make that clear for this itinerary. It is not a big deal for me, but knowing that it is not available, I may want to bring a couple of bottles of wine on-board.

For example, the Japan cruise also did not have "Any Time Dining" but they had made that clear on their website.

I wonder if anyone here has taken any Japan cruises before and if, from their experience, the AIBP is normally excluded for this country. So far, I've only taken Diamond once in SEA and it was available both for advance purchase as well as on-board.