Questions about QM2 wine classes

Whirled Peas

I am interested in taking the Fine Wines seminar on the QM2 this September. Because there are a lot of other things that my girlfriends and I want to get done on this cruise, I wonder if anyone can tell me if there is a standard day during a seven-day transatlantic, and a standard time of day when this class is held. Also, is it advisable to pre-register for this seminar before the cruise? Is it even possible to do that? Does it tend to fill up quickly?

Thanks in advance.

WP

I have not attended the "Fine Wine Seminar" on QM2, but I can provide a couple data points for you from 8-day crossings last summer. On our 8-day eastbound crossing, the "Fine Wine Seminar" was held on days 6 and 7 at 2:30 pm. On our 8-day westbound crossing, it was also held on days 6 and 7 but at 2:00 pm. I suspect that might become days 5 and 6 on a 7-day crossing, but I can't say for sure.

Our daily programmes stated "There will be a nominal fee of $115.00 per person. Please sign up with your Restaurant Sommelier or phone the wine line on 22062." I am not aware of it being possible to register for this seminar ahead of time.

On our eastbound crossing, the stated theme was French white wines and on our westbound crossing it was wines from North America. Hope this helps some.

Regards,

John

That's really a great deal of help, Blue. Thank you. I will speak with the sommelier as soon as possible about booking this. Sounds like we can plan around it, if the class occurs toward the end of our 7 night westbound crossing.

I really appreciate your help.

WP

In your voyage personalizer across the top banner there is an item called Little Luxuries that shows all the items (wine, flowers, internet, chocolates, wine tastings and seminars) you can order in advance of your cruise. The Wine Seminars are included there. You must call Cunard to book any of the items and you pay for them in advance. There is no indication of when the wine seminars will be held.

Hope that helps. The wine seminar is now listed at $120.