Cabana?

dee2673

We are cruising on the Eurodam next February and I see they have retreat cabanas. We have lots of OBC and we also have an aft Neptune Suite. I can't think of a good reason to get a cabana. Anyone think it would be a good idea? We're not going to swim in the pool regardless as hubby has germaphobe issues, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are cruising on the Eurodam next February and I see they have retreat cabanas. We have lots of OBC and we also have an aft Neptune Suite. I can't think of a good reason to get a cabana. Anyone think it would be a good idea? We're not going to swim in the pool regardless as hubby has germaphobe issues, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a retreat cabana in April for first week of 4 weeks onboard. We honestly didn't use it enough to justify the cost and it was incredibly hot. We also had an aft Neptune, so we didn't pursue keeping it for the remaining 3 weeks, and didn't regret it. I am sure others will disagree, but that's my opinion, FWIW.

The Retreat is two decks above the pool, so those cabanas aren't really for people who will be using the pool a lot. Since you "can't think of a good reason" to get one, why not leave them for people who truly want one?

We've been in aft-wraps for several cruises in a row. The only thing missing on your veranda is a waiter, which the cabanas do have. Using some of your OBC on a couple of bottles with some mixers will solve that, and I bet your steward can come up with some fresh juice(s) if requested. With your veranda equipped with two chaise lounges, a couple easy chairs w/ottoman, and a table w/chairs, spend your OBC in the shops or spa and pass on the cabana.

As you can't spend the OBC until you are on board, and you can't book single day cabana rentals until you are on board, why not book a couple single day rentals-if there are any available - and you can decide for yourself if a cabana is of interest to you, or not. That might change your opinion, and you seem to have OBC to burn.

When you get on board check and it may be included. We were on K-dam Baltic 21 May-04 Jun 2017. First day it was roped off. After that open to anyone without the workers. We spent may hours there with Lido coffee in the corner ones. Also Club HAL had so few kids some of the spaces were turned into reading/relaxing spaces. One more tip check out the free pizza and sandwiches at NY deli above Lido if they have one. Grand-son spent several hours each day up there and said many people seemed not to know it was free.

sightcrr

We rented a cabana on a New Year's cruise on the Eurodam and again for a New Year's cruise on the Zuiderdam. We actually rented two each time since we were traveling with extended family. For us, they make sense as a meeting place for small groups because someone is always there and you know where to find people. We saw a few couples with them but mostly families like ours. If you have a Neptune suite and it's just two of you, I don't really see the need, but we love them. No need to fight for chairs, plenty of shade, and people to bring you drinks and food! We have a corner cabana booked for the fall for 4 of us on the Zuiderdam which will be nice because the corner ones are slightly larger.

Odds are that you won't be able to use your OBC for the cabana. They're usually booked up ahead of time in the Caribbean.

Also, if you can't think of a reason to book one, then you probably shouldn't.

When you get on board check and it may be included. We were on K-dam Baltic 21 May-04 Jun 2017. First day it was roped off. After that open to anyone without the workers. We spent may hours there with Lido coffee in the corner ones. Also Club HAL had so few kids some of the spaces were turned into reading/relaxing spaces. One more tip check out the free pizza and sandwiches at NY deli above Lido if they have one. Grand-son spent several hours each day up there and said many people seemed not to know it was free.

sightcrr

Can you explain what you mean about "open to anyone without the workers"? Had others rented cabanas? Were passengers allowed to use the Retreat area without paying? Never heard of this. Are you sure this is the RETREAT area?

Can you explain what you mean about "open to anyone without the workers"? Had others rented cabanas? Were passengers allowed to use the Retreat area without paying? Never heard of this. Are you sure this is the RETREAT area?
I'm not SightCRR, but: on our Aug 2014 T-A from Copenhagen to NYC on the Eurodam apparently none of the Retreat Cabanas had been rented, and people were allowed in the area freely. It looked like one was being used to store furniture, and there was never any crew around. In the Greenland fjiords there were maybe 50 people in there taking pictures. It was a chilly cruise for the most part, and I can understand why no one would want a cabana, but I don't know whether they were offered for sale or not. :) Edited by catl331

On our Baltic, likely no one paid or if they did got a refund. No workers to bring drinks, food etc. Our Baltic weather was unbelievably great so we enjoyed being up there. I was to lazy to see where OP in cruising so if they are on a warm weather cruise then never mind.

DSC09519.JPG.a75e7de74ab840a518a51c580c88b6e3.JPG

DSC09553.JPG.1d69f9187c943428a7ae2977cb508373.JPG

I was to lazy to see where OP in cruising so if they are on a warm weather cruise then never mind.

The OP did not say what their itinerary was. However, it's in February, so I'm guessing "not the Baltics" or not the arctic circle. :)

We rented a retreat cabana for a week on the NA in April. We found it to be very hot and we got sunburnt right through the white canopy. It was also very boring and after a day and a half we didn't go back. I wouldn't waste money on one again. I'm glad we did rent it though for one reason-----now we know we are not missing anything.

We rented a retreat cabana for a week on the NA in April. We found it to be very hot and we got sunburnt right through the white canopy. It was also very boring and after a day and a half we didn't go back. I wouldn't waste money on one again. I'm glad we did rent it though for one reason-----now we know we are not missing anything.

Thank you for your post! Those of us who LOVE the retreat cabana experience are thrilled to see others discouraged from renting a cabana!!! It truly is "not for everybody" ..... so all I can say to those thinking about it: Don't rent one, please ... leave them for us. LOL

Thank you for your post! Those of us who LOVE the retreat cabana experience are thrilled to see others discouraged from renting a cabana!!! It truly is "not for everybody" ..... so all I can say to those thinking about it: Don't rent one, please ... leave them for us. LOL

Glad I could help😀

Apologies. That's totally on me for giving you the bad recommendation.